(electronic rock, synthwave, krautrock) "Dance on the lights of Mars"

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental

robussc

22 Apr 2024

Great authentic sounds, but the arrangement could use some work.

The melody isn’t very hooky. Kraftwerk had such a great ability to come up with a simple yet distinctive melody, I’m guessing this might have been your first stab at the melody ? If so, then perhaps try humming along to the backing track to get something a bit more lively? (If not, my apologies!!)

Also I got not clear sense of the structure of the song? If there was a chorus, for example, I couldn’t identify it.

I think it has good bones, just needs some stronger melodic direction.

Hope that’s useful?
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

Eusantis

23 Apr 2024

The truth is that I have been making musical songs for 30 years... I humbly believe that you have not fully understood the musical philosophy of this track. However, you are right that the theme can give more of itself, and before sending it to production I am working on an extended version that will enrich it a lot. Thank you very much for your comments, really.

robussc

23 Apr 2024

Eusantis wrote:
23 Apr 2024
The truth is that I have been making musical songs for 30 years... I humbly believe that you have not fully understood the musical philosophy of this track. However, you are right that the theme can give more of itself, and before sending it to production I am working on an extended version that will enrich it a lot. Thank you very much for your comments, really.
No worries, I'm sure it went over my head (I have very simple musical tastes :) ). Glad you found something of use in the feedback.
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

WolfZeit

25 Apr 2024

Enjoyed this. It reminds me of visiting my local library in the early 80s, borrowing Vangelis albums and discovering Electronic music for the first time. If I were to make a suggestion it would be to have the female vocal have a moment of prominence, a small break featuring mainly her, like the break you have around 1.30. Good stuff.

Eusantis

01 May 2024

A lot of thanks for your words, WolfZeit!

Here is a new extended version of this track...

It's not a conventional approach to pop structures, although I'm working with a great Spanish music producer, and there will be a sung version of this and my other best songs with a more standard structure..., during this year.

• Information