[kosmiche muzik/krautrock] Landscape - "52"

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
rorystorm

23 Apr 2024

Hi, every year I write a track for my birthday that's as long in number in minutes as however old I'm turning. Does that make sense? Anyway, I'm going to be 52 and here is my 52 minute long track. Normally I write a single drone piece but for 2024 I decided to do a bunch of separate pieces that run together in the style of mid 70s kosmiche muzik / krautrock, although also heavily influenced by Oxygene which is the first music I remember hearing that wasn't my parents' ABBA records. Otherwise, early Tangerine Dream, Harmonia/Cluster, Klaus Schulze, the usual suspects.

Instruments I used:
Blofeld, Neutron, Wasp, Mother 32, Monologue, Hydrasynth, ARP 2600, Minibrute, Matriarch, Subsequent 37, Typhon, Minifreak, MS-20, SH4-D, Subtractor, RE-Tron, Redrum. The drums are a mix of samples from the DR-55, the CR-78, and similar other drum machines from around then. Field recordings are either my own or from https://freesound.org/.

Anyway I'm a big this kind of thing so hopefully this loving tribute does it some justice.

rorystorm

23 Apr 2024

also, big thanks to everyone who listened to my previous album, In The American Field, which has had nearly a hundred plays off RT!

• Information