[minimal techno] Endor Mixes EP

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
rorystorm

15 May 2024

Three sparse minimal techno tracks, quite sparse with little instrumentation.

It's getting to be autumn and it's particularly cold and wet this year. The suburb where I live is quite cool but Wellington as a whole is miserable at this time of year (although winter is worse) so I've tried to give this the feeling of grey skies, no sun and cold wooden floors, not really wanting to leave the house... I dunno, anyway I've mixed this so a lot of the sounds are quite quiet and the high end is muffled - particularly the last track. Sonically it's nothing like it but I was quite inspired by Burial around the Street Halo/Kindred/Truant ep period where it's all little bits and pieces put together.

Weirdly though it was quite fun to make and I'm quite pleased with the results, particularly as it all came together relatively easily over the course of a week or so. Fun fact, the cover is a photo of the building where my dad worked when I was a kid in the 80s. I thought the Neo Brutalism sort of fits the whole mood of the thing.

• Information