Propellerhead server down

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
fullforce

11 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
10 Mar 2019
No problem :). I’m guessing Authorizer will fix it. Just read the instructions for what order to plug everything in. :).
Not it won't. See above.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

boingy

11 Mar 2019

Server was just down again. I wasn't wanting authorisation, I was merely wanting to browse the shop to see what's on off this week....

DS_Joost

11 Mar 2019

Perhaps 10.3 (the beta) is finally dropping? Who knows? Just a wild guess...

fullforce

11 Mar 2019

DS_Joost wrote:
11 Mar 2019
Perhaps 10.3 (the beta) is finally dropping? Who knows? Just a wild guess...
Nah they're probably discontinueing something else
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

ScuzzyEye

11 Mar 2019

fullforce wrote:
11 Mar 2019
Haha! No apology? Wait till you get a load of this. I opened a ticket with PH for the Balance not being able to update, and Craig tells me that Balance is not supported anymore for authorization. How's that! While the page still specifically mentions the Balance as a device on which a license can reside.
I think in this case, "supported" literally means they no longer offer support in getting it to work. If you can make Authorizer see it by assembling the right drivers and software, wonderful. If you can't, they are no longer offering help in the process.

fullforce

11 Mar 2019

ScuzzyEye wrote:
11 Mar 2019
fullforce wrote:
11 Mar 2019
Haha! No apology? Wait till you get a load of this. I opened a ticket with PH for the Balance not being able to update, and Craig tells me that Balance is not supported anymore for authorization. How's that! While the page still specifically mentions the Balance as a device on which a license can reside.
I think in this case, "supported" literally means they no longer offer support in getting it to work. If you can make Authorizer see it by assembling the right drivers and software, wonderful. If you can't, they are no longer offering help in the process.
It's not about authorizer "seeing it". Authorizer sees it just fine. It's just that the license for Reason 10 is not on it. And that license comes from PH and they are responsible for this whole freaking mess.

ScuzzyEye

11 Mar 2019

fullforce wrote:
11 Mar 2019
It's not about authorizer "seeing it". Authorizer sees it just fine. It's just that the license for Reason 10 is not on it. And that license comes from PH and they are responsible for this whole freaking mess.
Authorizer needs to know how to transfer licenses to it. That's done by the CodeMeter software (my Ignition Key wouldn't take new licenses until I installed it too). I know you said you had it installed, but then you said you were re-installing Authorizer. Did you indeed install CodeMeter? https://www.propellerheads.com/download-codemeter

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2019

ScuzzyEye wrote:
11 Mar 2019
fullforce wrote:
11 Mar 2019
Authorizer needs to know how to transfer licenses to it. That's done by the CodeMeter software (my Ignition Key wouldn't take new licenses until I installed it too). I know you said you had it installed, but then you said you were re-installing Authorizer. Did you indeed install CodeMeter? https://www.propellerheads.com/download-codemeter
Yep. Codemeter. S’what I thought.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fullforce

12 Mar 2019

ScuzzyEye wrote:
11 Mar 2019
fullforce wrote:
11 Mar 2019
I didn't say that, Wook said that. I have everything installed, Authorizer sees the Balance, but it gives an error and tells me to contact support, and support tells me they're not supporting it.

fullforce

12 Mar 2019

I'm not complaining anymore, PH has provided a solution for me, which I really appreciate. I guess they aren't that bad after all. :)

Oquasec

12 Mar 2019

Yeah, codemeter is hella secure virtual ignition key. Does not work anywhere but the machine with the key on it.
You input code to reauth the fast way
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Wook

12 Mar 2019

fullforce wrote:
12 Mar 2019
I didn't say that, Wook said that.
Indeed I did. That was before I went for support from Propellerheads. I've gotten the same reply as you and I'm pretty bummed because of it. I'm hesitant to use only computer authorization. Hd failure, motherboard and such.

• Information