Is this really 139$ or a Glitch

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Faastwalker

14 Apr 2016

I think the dev has read JP's comments about cheap RE's detracting from the more expensive stuff & has hiked the price to avoid being categorized in the 'working class' RE sub group!! At this price it must be really good, right? Glad I bought it at $15, although I've never really understood how to use it. I wouldn't mind a bet that at $139 I'd be inclined to invest just a little more time with it so as to get a greater return on my outlay.
Last edited by Faastwalker on 16 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Shokstar

15 Apr 2016

instant buy :D

Despondo
Competition Winner

15 Apr 2016

Dave909 wrote:Its because in this way the sampled content and patchwork is tied to the rack extension and protected by its copyprotection system. I do think selling the RE seperate would be a smart move to get customers who dont have a need for the full system
Agreed. Could have been like Hamu's stuff. Sell the RE at original price and then sell a version at the higher price with all of the ROMOS add-ons....and perhaps a different color skin to differentiate?

QVprod

15 Apr 2016

So... somehow the thought is for a client (not a music maker obviously) to have/buy a computer, buy a multi-output audio interface, buy Reason essentials (I would assume they wouldn't be expected to drop $400 for the full program), and then buy this RE and subsequent expansion refills if necessary. On top of that, it's doesn't seem to offer much to the active user base of Reason, for the price, seeing as it's really built to work in surround....

Just seems like a really odd business plan to me. I think it would make a lot more sense as a standalone product.

ddrex
Competition Winner

15 Apr 2016

A stand-alone product would require a lot of investment to even come close to the quality and versatility of a system using Reason.
It would then have to be sold much more than a few thousand dollars.
Also this system can use all the existing and future sound generators and effects from a growing number of developers so it does not depend
on the success of Doodov Digital Design.
Third party developers can even create custom Refills for this system which makes it quite open.

The_G

16 Apr 2016

Seems pretty interesting but I can't imagine it's going to sell many units at that price. I mean, it's the kind of thing I might impulse purchase, but not at that price.

Maybe a hike to $49 would have been more strategic?
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

ab459

05 Jun 2020

I found it accidentally and even after read posts can't understand why it 139$ :) https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ontroller/

Well, just it seemed to me that there is a much more complex cv things in the re shop that costs uncomparable less.

sdst
Competition Winner

05 Jun 2020

the R.O.M.O.S is one of the funniest things, especially in spanish Romos it means rums :lol:

tt_lab

05 Jun 2020

sdst wrote:
05 Jun 2020
the R.O.M.O.S is one of the funniest things, especially in spanish Romos it means rums :lol:
Romos means dulls or blunts(not smoking kind) in spanish...things that are blunt I mean cos it's plural :twisted:

ab459

05 Jun 2020

Ok, anyone bought it ? I'm just wondering.

• Information