[SOLVED] Losing a Rack Extension that I own!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

30 Dec 2021

I've owned ABL3 for a couple of years (it was an upgrade to ABL2 that I won in a Audiorealism competition a few years back).
I've noticed in recent times that it states on my product page that ABL3 is a "trial". I've ignored this but tomorrow is the end of the trial and since I've synced all my products I now have to log into Reason to see the RE.
It really does seem it has turned into a trial version!

I've raised a support ticket but I thought I'd put this out into Reasonland to see if anyone else has had this kind of problem?

Grum.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Dec 2021

Last edited by MrFigg on 30 Dec 2021, edited 2 times in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Dec 2021

Grumbleweed wrote:
30 Dec 2021
I've owned ABL3 for a couple of years (it was an upgrade to ABL2 that I won in a Audiorealism competition a few years back).
I've noticed in recent times that it states on my product page that ABL3 is a "trial". I've ignored this but tomorrow is the end of the trial and since I've synced all my products I now have to log into Reason to see the RE.

I've raised a support ticket but I thought I'd put this out into Reasonland to see if anyone else has had this kind of problem?

Grum.
Have you been on a beta for an update? When that happens it shows as a trial then reverts back to the previous version when the trial ends.
The fact that you need to log in would also suggest it’s a beta. Look at the version number on your account.
I’d wait until the trial ends and see if it’s still there.
If you can’t see it without logging in then go to the ABL3 product page and download it from there. Not from My Products. That usually works when Sync All doesn’t.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

30 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
30 Dec 2021
Grumbleweed wrote:
30 Dec 2021

Grum.
Have you been on a beta for an update? When that happens it shows as a trial then reverts back to the previous version when the trial ends.
The fact that you need to log in would also suggest it’s a beta. Look at the version number on your account.
If you can’t see it without logging in then go to the ABL3 product page and download it from there. Not from My Products. That usually works when Sync All doesn’t.
I certainly haven't beta tested anything.
I don't really have a choice in waiting to see what happens at the trial end: if it sorts itself out then everything is groovy - if it doesn't then the toys will be thrown forcibly from the pram!
Watch this space......

Grum.

Loque

30 Dec 2021

Grumbleweed wrote:
30 Dec 2021
MrFigg wrote:
30 Dec 2021

I certainly haven't beta tested anything.
I don't really have a choice in waiting to see what happens at the trial end: if it sorts itself out then everything is groovy - if it doesn't then the toys will be thrown forcibly from the pram!
Watch this space......

Grum.
If you own ABL2 and trialed ABL3 you, still should be able to use ABL2. But if you made aynthing with ABL3, you cannot use it anymore without purchasing ABL3.
Reason12, Win10

Greg Savage

30 Dec 2021

I hope you get everything figured out.
Music Composer/Sound Designer
Music Licensing - Credits

crimsonwarlock

30 Dec 2021

Loque wrote:
30 Dec 2021
If you own ABL2 and trialed ABL3 .....
Grumbleweed wrote:
30 Dec 2021
Seems something went of the rails. Hope you get it fixed.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

motuscott

30 Dec 2021

I blame the French!
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

30 Dec 2021

motuscott wrote:
30 Dec 2021
I blame the French!
Always ;)

Grum.

challism

30 Dec 2021

Wow, this is really weird. Sounds like you did the right thing by contacting RS. You should also contact Mike (at Audiorealism), I'm sure he will get you sorted out.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

31 Dec 2021

Well we can all sleep soundly tonight. I just booted up Reason and I had to log in but it popped up that the Rack Extensions needed to sync so I let it do that. Going into Reason the ABL3 was missing so I went to my account and it was still there but no longer said it was a trial version so I went to the product page (as suggested above somewhere) and re-downloaded it and hey presto, I have an ABL3 again.....and Bassline Generator.....and Friktion as I had some Rewards to spend (I'm pissed that I didn't think of them before I bought the Bassline Generator but now I have two new things so all's good in the end).

I just have to wait a few more days and I'll get a NI Komplete Kontrol S61 for my 60th birthday. I do have a lovely wife :D
Anyone want an immaculate Akai MPK249 with a dodgy lowest C key? :puf_wink:

Grum.

motuscott

01 Jan 2022

Glad that worked out, Grum
Good to see you around the joint.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

01 Jan 2022

motuscott wrote:
01 Jan 2022
Glad that worked out, Grum
Good to see you around the joint.
I just let nature take its course and life found a way (and any other bullpoo along those lines).
Thanks for the hospitality :D

Grum.

• Information