Dropouts (etc) on Stand Alone, but not on VST (Reaper, Cakewalk)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Social Exodus

01 Feb 2023

OK, so this is one for the experts, of which I thought I was one on a PC. When I load Reason, and add an instrument (doesn't matter which), I get some serious glitching and dropouts. Latency is 4ms, but I', not sure that it matters in terms of an internal instrument. Besides I've tried all kinds of other settings with no joy. Adding in a Dual Arpeggio (Starpeggio patch) and just hold a C chord, it is easier to hear it and it happens a LOT. I've run the LatencyMon program (VERY handy for latency issues found here https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon)and determined that my NVidia driver is causing DPC latency, but that is nigh unfixable according to numerous experts. And it doesn't matter anyway in this instance.

By contrast, if I run either Reaper or Cakewalk, add in the RRP, and set it up the EXACT same way (Dual Arpeggio, same instrument) it works fine, no glitching or dropouts. I even had 3 different RRPs going, each with the same thing except different instruments running simultaneous and except for the obvious cacophony still no dropouts or glitches.

All startup apps disabled, minimal startup only.

Anyone have any idea about this?
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

jam-s

01 Feb 2023

Does it also happen in R11? If not the GPU driver could be a likely culprit.

Social Exodus

01 Feb 2023

jam-s wrote:
01 Feb 2023
Does it also happen in R11? If not the GPU driver could be a likely culprit.
I've uninstalled R11Suite, but I could reinstall it I suppose. Worth a try.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

Social Exodus

01 Feb 2023

OK, so I uninstalled ALL Reason installs, went first through R11Suite, checked it out and seems fine....so far. So then, I reinstalled R12 and wouldn't you know it seems gone, again so far.

I updated my Focusrite drivers the other day and I'm thinking that may be part of it. By reinstalling everything after the driver, then maybe it is fine now.

I hope.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 Feb 2023

And that's why these things are so complicated! Wow.

Great that it worked out in the end

jam-s

02 Feb 2023

Nice, I'm glad my question surprisingly lead to a solution.

• Information