Unknown installation error (Mac)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
fieldframe
RE Developer

23 Jun 2016

I have a support request sent in, but since it's 3 AM in Stockholm right now and I was really hoping to get started with Reason 9 tonight, I'll ask here:

Anyone ever get the "Unknown Installation Error" which reads "An error occurred during verification of installed files. Contact support or reinstall the application. Now terminating."? I get it right after entering my admin password when launching Reason 9 for the first time.

I tried removing the ~/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ folder (backing up the Rack Extensions folder just to avoid having to download again) and that didn't change anything. Also tried deleting Authorizer and CodeMeter and restarting (something another thread suggested). No dice; I just get the same error.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2016

Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 23 Jun 2016, edited 2 times in total.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2016

fieldframe wrote:I have a support request sent in, but since it's 3 AM in Stockholm right now and I was really hoping to get started with Reason 9 tonight, I'll ask here:

Anyone ever get the "Unknown Installation Error" which reads "An error occurred during verification of installed files. Contact support or reinstall the application. Now terminating."? I get it right after entering my admin password when launching Reason 9 for the first time.

I tried removing the ~/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ folder (backing up the Rack Extensions folder just to avoid having to download again) and that didn't change anything. Also tried deleting Authorizer and CodeMeter and restarting (something another thread suggested). No dice; I just get the same error.
"An error occurred during verification of installed files."

I don't know mac's however I would download the installation files again. Uninstall your current setup of Reason 9 and then reinstall.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2016

BTW I did uninstall all version of Reason before installing Reason 9 and I did not have to download my RE's they were still there as were the soundbanks as I did have the beta. (Windows)

fieldframe
RE Developer

23 Jun 2016

So, I actually solved this. I deleted the Propellerhead folder from the system Library folder rather than just the user library, and then I was able to continue the install without any hiccups. I would have posted this sooner but I've been too busy playing with Reason. :D

Hopefully the next person to have this issue will find this thread!

Ocean of Waves

25 Apr 2018

I did find this thread but there isn't a Props folder in my system library.. anybody help?
I had to re-install Reason because my laptop needed a clean install in case you're wondering

Ocean of Waves

25 Apr 2018

In this thread (viewtopic.php?t=7496637) the poster talks about the same issue with Essentials, this worked for me and my install of R10 on High Sierra.

Only did the first 2 steps:
1. Input into terminal: sudo spctl --master-disable
2. Go to preferences enable "anywhere" option under where you want to allow downloaded apps from

After this I mounted my disc and dragged R10 to the programs folder and suddenly it installed when I opened it!

• Information