DOOM

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
eXode

19 May 2016

Well I finished the DOOM SP yesterday. Great fun and challenging enough. Like I stated before I love the fact that monsters seek you out regardless if you are on higher ground etc, so you have to be constantly moving at some direction (more or less). Id software managed in the SP to combine the hardcore feeling from the originals while still incoprorating some new mechanics (i.e. weapons, suit upgrades, and runes).

I actually would have liked to see DOOM3 with the same level of detail/graphics as DOOM. Despite some gameplay mechanic flaws in D3 I do think that the overall setting and the monster design was good, so to see those in higher detail (and less glossy) would have been really cool.

Jagwah

19 May 2016

Gorgon wrote:This is a Doom thread. Not Battlefield.
Purist!! :p

EDIT: Sorry if I'm derailing Exode.

eXode

21 May 2016

No worries. I've completed the game now anyway. ;)

Lizard

21 May 2016

I hadn't purchased the new Doom yet but I think I will end up doing so. I'll probably wait a few months where the price falls just a bit more. I played the free week-end on Steam when it was up and really didn't care much for the Multi-player. I think I'd enjoy the single player campaign way more anyway. For now I'm stuck in "The Division" and pre-purchased "No Man's Sky" so it may be a moment before I get to it. Graphically DOOM looks fantastic.

Lunesis

22 May 2016

If you like games and you have a tough rig, you should get it. You will die and die again on normal but you will keep trying because it's a great adrenaline rush.

raccoonboy

23 May 2016

Anyone know if it will ever come out on Mac? I hear they are getting more compatible for games

normen

23 May 2016

raccoonboy wrote:Anyone know if it will ever come out on Mac? I hear they are getting more compatible for games
Doom 3 is available for Mac but I think it was ported by another company.. Personally I have my Mac for work and a PS4 for games. Ain't nobody got time for tweaking a gaming PC ;)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 May 2016

The original Doom pathed the way games are today (yes some will argue Wolfenstein was there first and it was) but Doom exploded and I mainly put that down to able to create your own maps, so before you know it there were 1000's of levels (also 100's and 100's of crap levels LOL).

Working back then at a PC company I also remember having 3 PC's setup, 2 in spectator mode (think that is what they called it) but you could adjust the view to look left and right, OK back then big 640*480 VGA screens and yes there was about a foot of bezel between them, but this all worked on 286's with a couple of megs of memory LOL

Doom 3 (or what ever it's called), I never bothered completing (which is quite unusual for me) the graphics were brilliant and so was atmosphere however I found the game play just did not flow and quite repetitive. :(

Really Doom3 should have been like Serious Sam, BIG guns, BIG BIG monsters and loads and loads of fun to play single and multi player, plus you were able to create your own levels....

Will need to have a peak at this new version :)

chk071

24 May 2016

FWIW, playing Doom 3 at the moment, and absolutely loving it. Great atmosphere, and I think the, a bit, slower gameplay suits me more. Really get a sort of "Alien" type feeling from the game.

Mobiler Beitrag
:reason: :rebirth:

raccoonboy

24 May 2016

normen wrote:
raccoonboy wrote:Anyone know if it will ever come out on Mac? I hear they are getting more compatible for games
Doom 3 is available for Mac but I think it was ported by another company.. Personally I have my Mac for work and a PS4 for games. Ain't nobody got time for tweaking a gaming PC ;)
Yeah. I can't justify getting a PS4 right now as I play my SNES more than I play my PS3. I'm an oldschool gamer. hehehe

chk071

24 May 2016

Super Mario Kart FTW. :D
:reason: :rebirth:

16BitBear

24 May 2016

raccoonboy wrote:
normen wrote:
Yeah. I can't justify getting a PS4 right now as I play my SNES more than I play my PS3. I'm an oldschool gamer. hehehe
I love oldschool gaming as well. I have a softmodded original Xbox with MAME, CoinOps, and a ton of older system emulators. I do also enjoy my Xbox One so I guess I just love all gaming! :puf_bigsmile:

adfielding

25 May 2016

I can't wait to upgrade my gaming computer, Doom will likely be the first game I throw at it. Alas, that's a while off yet.

The soundtrack is ridiculous as well. Have you heard BFG Division? My God! :D

raccoonboy

26 May 2016

adfielding wrote:I can't wait to upgrade my gaming computer, Doom will likely be the first game I throw at it. Alas, that's a while off yet.

Has Trent Reznor done the soundtrack? He often does Doom/Quake games.

eXode

26 May 2016

raccoonboy wrote:
adfielding wrote:I can't wait to upgrade my gaming computer, Doom will likely be the first game I throw at it. Alas, that's a while off yet.

The soundtrack was made by Mick Gordon, who also did the soundtrack for Wolfenstein: The New Order &The Old Blood.

adfielding

26 May 2016

eXode wrote:
raccoonboy wrote:

The soundtrack was made by Mick Gordon, who also did the soundtrack for Wolfenstein: The New Order &The Old Blood.
And, hey, I loved those soundtracks, too :) Must admit I wasn't sure I was going to dig the direction he took with Doom after watching some of the trailers - it sounded really, really cool, but I wasn't sure it would work for the whole game. Then the game came out and it turns out to be full of djent-y metal-y goodness which I frankly can't get enough of.

raccoonboy

26 May 2016

Sounds fun. I'll probably have to wait and hope it's ported to Mac at some point.

• Information