Musikmesse Frankfurt 2015

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
JoshuaPhilgarlic

12 Apr 2015

Frankfurt Musikmesse, the most important exhibition besides NAMM takes place next week. Any expectations?

gak

12 Apr 2015

To be as bored with it as the last half a dozen times? :rofl:

But seriously I don't expect too much. (draws the homer card) It's would be nice to see a new version of reason just for fun. Some people are saying studio one will have an update. I don't really care as I'm not giving them any more money.

A bunch of keyboards will be released. Akai, M audio and novation will repackage their midi controllers with some burb about how great they are.

At least it won't be like Namm where it's all about ex-hookers and a bunch of guitar pedals nobody wants.

Ayello

12 Apr 2015

i ve heard about a new Roland modular synth....

Tumble

13 Apr 2015

Studio One V3 announcement has pretty much been confirmed.

Should be interesting

gak

13 Apr 2015

Really? Well, we'll see. 

gak

15 Apr 2015

Day one in the books.

Yawn :rofl:  

marcuswitt

16 Apr 2015

The Musikmesse 2015 makes me feel like this:

"Yippie, finally I can buy tons of innovative, re-issued analog synthesizers, huge and bulky analog modular synthesizers that waste so much lovely space in my studio and increase the total amount on my power consumption bill. Wow, that's what I was waiting for! But why doesn't any innovative manufacturer made a re-issue a real A-820 24-track reel-to-reel tape machine yet that consumes even more space and electric power......and that make even my grandpa look like a toddler in a direct comparison.....in terms of age? Maybe next year........phew, I'm so excited, nerveous and jumpy.......I just can't wait.

And yes...... more vintage guitars and re-issued effects pedals, please! I love it to have kilometers of cables that I can stumble over again, here in my studio. To hell with all these AVB, OSC, PC, WC, PVC, M1D1 and other crappy things! More re-issues, please!

Cheers, I go back to sleep now....... in my vintage bed."

Irony is the humor of the Clueless. :P

The Tone Ranger

16 Apr 2015

marcuswitt wrote:Irony is the humor of the Clueless. :P
You seem pretty clueless. Analogue modulars use less power than computers and most people who go modular end up selling big chunky keyboards to fund more module purchases.

marcuswitt

16 Apr 2015

The Tone Ranger wrote:
You seem pretty clueless. Analogue modulars use less power than computers and most people who go modular end up selling big chunky keyboards to fund more module purchases.
Oh' yes, you're so right, professor. I'm sorry for my clueless stupidity and my misconception about the term 'irony'. :)

gak

16 Apr 2015

Tone, I think you might be taking it a tad personally. Marcus isn't far off. 

'specially about the pedals! Goodness, by this time you must be able to build a bridge to the moon with all the pedals that are available!

Lunesis

17 Apr 2015

The Tone Ranger wrote:
You seem pretty clueless.
Let's not, ok?

normen

17 Apr 2015

marcuswitt wrote:The Musikmesse 2015 makes me feel like this:

"Yippie, finally I can buy tons of innovative, re-issued analog synthesizers, huge and bulky analog modular synthesizers that waste so much lovely space in my studio and increase the total amount on my power consumption bill. Wow, that's what I was waiting for! But why doesn't any innovative manufacturer made a re-issue a real A-820 24-track reel-to-reel tape machine yet that consumes even more space and electric power......and that make even my grandpa look like a toddler in a direct comparison.....in terms of age? Maybe next year........phew, I'm so excited, nerveous and jumpy.......I just can't wait.

And yes...... more vintage guitars and re-issued effects pedals, please! I love it to have kilometers of cables that I can stumble over again, here in my studio. To hell with all these AVB, OSC, PC, WC, PVC, M1D1 and other crappy things! More re-issues, please!

Cheers, I go back to sleep now....... in my vintage bed."

Irony is the humor of the Clueless. :P
Its so true. But can you blame them? Of course they are rather selling hardware for 2000$ than software for 100$ which does exactly the same (and often times even better). And when people spend 2000$ of course they "hear" how much better it is. Then throw in a few (paid) professionals raving about how much more "velvety, warm and deep" the hardware sounds in comparison and you got yourself a business ;)

Theres concrete business interest in perpetuating audio myths, companies still sell "analog mixing" devices for 1000s of dollars which in the worst cases are simple resistor networks which are then sold as "completely passive transparent mixing" devices and make people buy even more I/O for their DAW systems. Even though the whole analog vs digital mixing thing has been dispelled long ago..

Things don't get better when putting a SSL desk into your studio makes your customers go "wow, this is a pro studio, all dem knobs!!" and OF COURSE you say "well if you want DAT SOUND you'll need one of these" -- because your customers won't buy one, instead they will come back to your studio :)

Carnstein

17 Apr 2015

So far the only thing I've seen from musikmesse that I'm interested in is the Orange Bax Bangeetar pedal, seems neat!
Hello!

JoshuaPhilgarlic

17 Apr 2015

LOL, this one is so crazy: a real tape delay in a stompbox :shock: (interview with the developer starts at 7:30)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zRyIf4HWa4

gak

17 Apr 2015

In about a year, IK will "model" it :rofl:  

• Information