16 personnality types

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!

which personality

architect
13%
logician
20%
commander
10%
debater
3%
advocate
10%
mediator
10%
protagonist
3%
campaigner
7%
logistician
7%
defender
No votes
executive
7%
consul
3%
virtuoso
No votes
adventurer
No votes
entrepreneur
No votes
entertainer
7%

Total votes: 30
siln

25 Feb 2017

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
Just a nice and easy personality test ,take 5 minutes, no login, seen on a mainstream gaming youtube channel so it s pretty safe
would make a poll if anyone interested..
Maybe we could find some constant amongst reason users :question:
Last edited by siln on 25 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

raymondh

25 Feb 2017

This is the Myers-Briggs personality profile. It is a well used and very good tool.
I'd be very surprised to find a correlation between musicians and MBTI profile - for two reasons;
1. Your MB type can change over time and
2. Your MB type can vary depending on your environment (eg what you're working on).

For example if your day job requires you to be directive, decisive and pragmatic, but your music puts you into a submissive, creative space -- that's two very different thinking spaces. If you answer the questionnaire in those two different contexts, you can end up with two quite different profiles.
Nothing wrong with that btw.

If there was some themes that showed up, it would be difficult to assess whether they were due to the music interest, or your day job (for those of us where music is a hobby).

There are some other profiling models that I do think would show more bias for music makers - there's one (I can't remember what it's called) that has just four categories of measurement - social, analytic, process (tasky) and creative. You can imagine what it would show :)
Last edited by raymondh on 25 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

siln

25 Feb 2017

raymondh wrote:This is the Myers-Briggs personality profile. It is a well used and very good tool.
I'd be very surprised to find a correlation between musicians and MB profile - for two reasons;
1. Your MB type can change over time and
2. Your MB type can vary depending on your environment (eg what you're working on).
Thanks for your explanatations, let s consider it can vary over time and environment
My result was "mediator (INFP)"
Also they divided the 16 into 4x4 classes : analysts, diplomats,sentinels, explorers, that may refers to the four categories you mentionned

angorapostfrosch

25 Feb 2017

MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) is an interesting thing. First time I stumbled over this was ~2 years ago. The result was spot on in my case. Helped me understanding some things better.

INTP was my result, or in other words "absentminded professor", "logician" or "architect".

#edit: typo
Last edited by angorapostfrosch on 25 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

siln

25 Feb 2017

Cool, just edited a poll so people can answer fast and stay anonymous

theshoemaker

25 Feb 2017

Where is the engineer? Architect? Adventurers?
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

siln

25 Feb 2017

theshoemaker wrote:Where is the engineer? Architect? Adventurers?
analysts : architect, logician, commander, debater
diplomats : advocate, mediator, protagonist, campaigner
sentinels : logistician, defender, executive, consul
explorers: virtuoso, adventurer, entrepreneur, entertainer
there is no "engineer" :puf_smile:

Koncide

28 Feb 2017

I'm always sceptical about things like this. Personality can shift rapidly, especially when dealing with others. If someone has just cut you up in traffic you are more likely to have a negative view on people, whereas if your crush has just said yes to a date you're more likely to have a positive view.

Nothing in the universe is static, especially human beings. I'm not sure pretending we have a "fixed" personality type is either helpful or accurate.

But for the record, I am a campaigner apparently.
Ambient garage vibes.

theshoemaker

28 Feb 2017

Koncide wrote:I'm always sceptical about things like this. Personality can shift rapidly, especially when dealing with others. If someone has just cut you up in traffic you are more likely to have a negative view on people, whereas if your crush has just said yes to a date you're more likely to have a positive view.

Nothing in the universe is static, especially human beings. I'm not sure pretending we have a "fixed" personality type is either helpful or accurate.

But for the record, I am a campaigner apparently.
From my experience, it is always an approximation. And stereotypes are just for a rough overview. And stereotyping wont help in a real situation. And the map is still not the territory, now matter how detailed or sketchy the map is.

This things is only for HR stuff, to get a rough cut. Models are never the reality and what we call reality will always stay our perception and approximation what it looks like. We still don't know what we don't know. Humans are complex and everyone is different. No matter who claims to know the "truth". 20 years in the IT can show you clearly that there is always another opinion about something when talking to clients. Music is flavored in different genres and subgenres and ... for what. It is still music. So I personally take things like that only as orientation.

I can, for example switch personality within seconds, mood, inner state as a matter of practicing it. Actors do it also very good, based on a lifelong habbit of training this. There roles can become personality and the other way round? So which one of all of them is the personality.

Even language is a model with the attempt to have conversation. So what I say is only my experience. The best communication model I've come across, when it comes to describing something I can work with, is NLP. Its like Reason. No one tells you what the best sound is, or how it works. It is just a toolset. You have to use it in different ways to make some beautiful sound. There is no right or wrong. Its just a different way or workaround of doing it. No one tells you, you can't do it this way. Just patch yourself, what is best suitable for you. Whether you use REs or stay with stock deivces, use the SSL or the 14:2 the builtin compressor or a fancy new one. Some premade samples, or synthesize your favourite 808 sound with Thor.

The only thing that really matters for me is personal taste and flavour. Don't mind what someone else calls it.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

normen

28 Feb 2017

Looks like I'm an Architect.. I can see some of my traits and experiences in the result text, pretty good. Including emotional shortcomings and workplace preferences. Kind of funny to be put in a line with Elon Musk, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Vladimir Putin though xD

siln

28 Feb 2017

theshoemaker wrote: This things is only for HR stuff, to get a rough cut. Models are never the reality and what we call reality will always stay our perception and approximation what it looks like. We still don't know what we don't know. Humans are complex and everyone is different. No matter who claims to know the "truth". 20 years in the IT can show you clearly that there is always another opinion about something when talking to clients. Music is flavored in different genres and subgenres and ... for what. It is still music. So I personally take things like that only as orientation.

I can, for example switch personality within seconds, mood, inner state as a matter of practicing it. Actors do it also very good, based on a lifelong habbit of training this. There roles can become personality and the other way round? So which one of all of them is the personality.
I agree it s good to stay skeptical , the way they depicted it made me think about MMORPG characters ; the dilema i had when answering was projecting myself in short or long term so i tried average between long time ago and now, I guess it would be possible to project yourself at several points in your timeline and make the test for each , maybe some had to change drastically and some not ; or we can say we have several personalities, one average (core) and a few circonstancials, or only circonstancials.

it is just a (more or less accurate) drawing and it cant define the complexity of a human being as a whole
also it s good to know thyself to prevent others to do it poorly for you, if you see what i mean so this test is more a tool to get this little part in better understanding of ourself ,or it gives a new point of view that you can set up as you want , these datas have to be interpreted gently and with hindsight.

theshoemaker wrote: Even language is a model with the attempt to have conversation. So what I say is only my experience. The best communication model I've come across, when it comes to describing something I can work with, is NLP. Its like Reason. No one tells you what the best sound is, or how it works. It is just a toolset. You have to use it in different ways to make some beautiful sound. There is no right or wrong. Its just a different way or workaround of doing it. No one tells you, you can't do it this way. Just patch yourself, what is best suitable for you. Whether you use REs or stay with stock deivces, use the SSL or the 14:2 the builtin compressor or a fancy new one. Some premade samples, or synthesize your favourite 808 sound with Thor.

The only thing that really matters for me is personal taste and flavour. Don't mind what someone else calls it.
Totally agree :)

Chizmata

28 Feb 2017

architect. i usually dont give much about these tests but i could find myself quite a lot in the description. might have been the same for other types though, these things are written in a way that anyone can find himself in them.

normen

28 Feb 2017

Chizmata wrote:architect. i usually dont give much about these tests but i could find myself quite a lot in the description. might have been the same for other types though, these things are written in a way that anyone can find himself in them.
True, its a bit like astrology/horoscopes.

gak

07 Mar 2017

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2017

I didn't feel like my result came out very accurate. Probably because a lot of questions are so context dependent. It all depends on the particular situation I'm in.

For the most part I would just call myself an introvert.

ravisoni

07 Mar 2017

While we're on this topic, might I suggest Strengthsfinder 2.0? Not free, probably not cheap (we got it offered for free through our school), but it was extremely good at figuring out your top 5 (or more if you wanted) main strengths.
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

siln

12 Mar 2017

Thanks for all the entries, so far 25 votes, we can clearly see from the 4x4 division
RT users statistics :
44% analysts
28% diplomats
20% sentinels
8% explorers
While i ve seen on another website from broader statistics would be divided like this :
15% analysts
17% diplomats
45% sentinels
23% explorers

from the ethical use of mbti instruments
Identify type theory as the work of C.G. Jung and the instrument as the work of Isabel Briggs Myers and Katharine C. Briggs.
_Present psychological type as describing healthy personality differences, not psychological disorders or fixed traits.
_Be adamant that all types are valuable: no type is better, healthier, or more desirable in any way.
_Describe preference and types in nonjudgmental terms at all times; be aware of how your own type biases may influence your words.
_Present type preferences as tendencies, preferences, or inclinations, rather than absolutes. Though people have preferences and predispositions, all people have every capacity and function described in the theory of type.
_Stress that type does not imply excellence, competence, or natural ability, only what is preferred.
_Never imply that all people of a certain type behave in the same way; type should not encourage stereotyping or be used to put people in rigid categories.
_Explain how people can and do act in ways contrary to their preferences because of personal history, education, training and experience — and sometimes too because of pressure from family, relationships, job environment, or culture. Consistent forced use of non-preferences may cause stress.
_When describing preferences, distinguish between what has been shown by research and what are anecdotes to illustrate type.
Provide appropriate interpretation of the MBTI® results for each and every administration of the MBTI instrument.
_It is unethical and in many cases illegal to require job applicants to take the Indicator if the results will be used to screen out applicants. The administrator should not counsel a person to, or away from, a particular career, personal relationship or activity based solely upon type information.

These guidelines are based on a collaborative effort between the Myers and Briggs Foundation, CPP, Inc., the Center for Applications of Psychological Type, CAPT, Inc., and the Association for Psychological Type International, APTi.
"When people differ, a knowledge of type lessens friction and eases strain. In addition it reveals the value of differences. No one has to be good at everything."
Isabel Briggs Myers

GeorgeFeb

23 Mar 2017

You forgot to put don't give a shitter! ☺

• Information