Apple Event — March 8

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Goriila Texas

10 Mar 2022

And those SSD's are old school to PC land we rocking M.2 NVMe SSD with the best read/write speeds.

Steedus wrote:
10 Mar 2022
Main limitation on a Mac mini with the M1 is it maxes out at 16GB of ram. I’ve got 16 in my current MacBook and I can tell working with larger sound libraries is maxing it out.
Last edited by Goriila Texas on 10 Mar 2022, edited 2 times in total.

tronam

13 Mar 2022

Goriila Texas wrote:
13 Mar 2022
Classic MaxTech: an endless stream of rushed out videos and comparisons about a product they don't even have yet. They're so desperate to reach their "1 million subscribers", they milk every product launch to death.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Goriila Texas

13 Mar 2022

The real question is why is Apple so vague on their own benchmark test? Like they don't even show how you how fast the cores or Ram are lol. We will see very soon all the geeks have order and ready to put the Bullsheit to rest.

tronam wrote:
13 Mar 2022
Goriila Texas wrote:
13 Mar 2022
Classic MaxTech: an endless stream of rushed out videos and comparisons about a product they don't even have yet. They're so desperate to reach their "1 million subscribers", they milk every product launch to death.

tronam

13 Mar 2022

Apple does not market to "geeks", especially not in a big public keynote event.

Goriila Texas

13 Mar 2022

Right they market to simple minded people who don't investigate any claims made by Apple and blindly accept what they say as truth. That's why they can overcharge for their products because most of their customers naive and don't care to be presented with facts or statistics.

tronam wrote:
13 Mar 2022
Apple does not market to "geeks", especially not in a big public keynote event.

tronam

13 Mar 2022

Not to worry. There are hundreds of click-desperate career YouTubers who will buy up all of these products and post hundreds of videos over the coming weeks running every conceivable test and benchmark. Then, rinse repeat until WWDC.

Goriila Texas

13 Mar 2022

Verified benchmarks will be posted as well for those who really care about the truth. Apple is more of a religion with cult followers who actually get mad at people calling Apple liars. PC world are like scientist who base things on facts and numbers.

tronam wrote:
13 Mar 2022
Not to worry. There are hundreds of click-desperate career YouTubers who will buy up all of these products and post hundreds of videos over the coming weeks running every conceivable test and benchmark. Then, rinse repeat until WWDC.

gullum

13 Mar 2022

Goriila Texas wrote:
13 Mar 2022
Verified benchmarks will be posted as well for those who really care about the truth. Apple is more of a religion with cult followers who actually get mad at people calling Apple liars. PC world are like scientist who base things on facts and numbers.
most people are just happy to get a computer that works and most people do not go for a Mac Studio thats for sure. If you already have a graphic or photo studio that is based on Apple products most would not give a thing about if windows pc is better in benchmarks or how apple is doing their benchmarks because they want something that is faster then what they have now, and that the M1 Ultra can deliver. Apple most certainly is not aiming for the hobby Reason producer or gamer with this model.
What the M1 chips have proven is that the render time of videos is much faster and it's getting faster with each new version of the chip. Apple is not trying to win you over, they are trying to make better overpriced products for people that love and want them.

Goriila Texas

13 Mar 2022

I agree for the most part but Apple keeps bringing us PC heads into the convo lying about being better than top PC components. I perfectly understand about the Apple experience hell nothing beats my iphone and might get me a IPad, I just don't the deception by Apple regurgitated by Mac fanboys. They literally sound like an Apple commercial "Apple products have a higher resale value" lol :lol:

gullum wrote:
13 Mar 2022
Goriila Texas wrote:
13 Mar 2022
most people are just happy to get a computer that works and most people do not go for a Mac Studio thats for sure. If you already have a graphic or photo studio that is based on Apple products most would not give a thing about if windows pc is better in benchmarks or how apple is doing their benchmarks because they want something that is faster then what they have now, and that the M1 Ultra can deliver. Apple most certainly is not aiming for the hobby Reason producer or gamer with this model.
What the M1 chips have proven is that the render time of videos is much faster and it's getting faster with each new version of the chip. Apple is not trying to win you over, they are trying to make better overpriced products for people that love and want them.

Forum Helper

13 Mar 2022

My system is detecting a heavy level of spam from a Windows fanboy. This thread is being locked.

• Information