question regarding rex files (newbie)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
willowman

15 Nov 2015

Howdy people, first time caller, long time listener, A quick question regarding bouncing audio to rex files, so im messing around with midi (sounds clean enough) then i bounce to an audio file (still sounding good) but when i bounce to rex files and play thru dr octo they sound a bit rough, do my (newbie) ears deceive me ? has anyone else had a similar experience ?, any tips ?...thanks in advance
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

freeQlow

15 Nov 2015

Had to do this on a slow computer to write a chord/melody.

I'm sure there are smarter answers than this, but you're up late.
Raise the volume automation.
Render 24.
Mono, Mono w chorus.
2 panned mono.

willowman

15 Nov 2015

thanks for getting back to me man, i'll try that later (simple answers are the best answers) : D
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

Jagwah

16 Nov 2015

It's possible your slices are overlapping each other for what could be various reasons. On the bottom of Octo Rex there is a 'polyphony' setting, change that to '1' which means only one slice will be heard at a time. If that makes it sound better then you can look at why they are overlapping.

• Information