Sample Loading in PARSEC 3 ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
marcuswitt

10 May 2018

Now, since EUROPA is capable of importing and resynthesizing custom samples, wouldn’t it be the next logical step to implement that functionality into PARSEC’s additive engine? I mean, PARSEC 2 already contains a bunch of spectrums coming from resynthesized waveforms, such as the Piano. As far as I get it, the basic technology behind PARSEC’s and EUROPA’s ‘engines’ are very similar, i.e. algorithmicly generated additive engines applied and ‘wrapped’ differently in each of both Synths.
I’m not saying that PARSEC 2 isn’t a ‘synth beast’, which it truly is, but I think that this sample loading feature would be a huge step forward. What do you think about it?

Ahornberg

10 May 2018

Maybe this makes sense. I'm not sure. There's already an audio input in Parsec 2.

Loque

10 May 2018

Muahhh! Yes... I want that too, maybe even better as it is implemented in Spectra...
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

10 May 2018

That would be very much appreciated.
Parsec is a fun synth to work with and having more than one synth that can load a user waveform is fun :D because each synth can do something totally different. I feel like in the end result it’s less work on their end because they don’t have to provide a ton of wavetables and waveforms
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Ahornberg

10 May 2018

Air Music Loom (a VST) can load samples.

marcuswitt

10 May 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
10 May 2018
Cool information, even it’s a tiny little bit off-topic. 😉 But on the other hand everybody is entitled to have and to voice an opinion and share information. So, thanks for that. 👍

If I’m not mistaken then there are other VSTs too that can resynthesize loaded samples by applying additive synthesis, such as the Image Line HARMOR. And I think and hope that PPH would bring sample loading to PARSEC, which would - so far my own humble point of view - blow HARMOR out of the water. Let’s see what PPH is coming up with. If it’s true what Matthias has said recently then there are some exciting things in the pipeline. Maybe an update of PARSEC? Who knows…

scratchnsnifff

10 May 2018

marcuswitt wrote:
10 May 2018
Ahornberg wrote:
10 May 2018
Cool information, even it’s a tiny little bit off-topic. 😉 But on the other hand everybody is entitled to have and to voice an opinion and share information. So, thanks for that. 👍

If I’m not mistaken then there are other VSTs too that can resynthesize loaded samples by applying additive synthesis, such as the Image Line HARMOR. And I think and hope that PPH would bring sample loading to PARSEC, which would - so far my own humble point of view - blow HARMOR out of the water. Let’s see what PPH is coming up with. If it’s true what Matthias has said recently then there are some exciting things in the pipeline. Maybe an update of PARSEC? Who knows…
I’l have to go read that article again but I thought all he mentioned was improvement under the hood regarding vst performance. Is there any other information that’s made you come to this assumption? I’d be mad excited if parsec got another rework :D
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Oquasec

10 May 2018

Resynthesis with an additive engine like ogun? nuts.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

marcuswitt

10 May 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
10 May 2018
marcuswitt wrote:
10 May 2018

I’l have to go read that article again but I thought all he mentioned was improvement under the hood regarding vst performance. Is there any other information that’s made you come to this assumption? I’d be mad excited if parsec got another rework :D
No, unfortunately I neither have any general information nor detailed knowledge about a certain product or product update. ;)

Ahornberg

10 May 2018

Loom (VST) is a different kind of beast ... but a perfect addition to parsec :thumbs_up:

• Information