Track set to stereo input won't record left track

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
calebbrennan

22 May 2021

I'm using Reason 10.4 and a Focurite Scarlett 2i2. For some reason I cannot record in stereo. I set the track to stereo input but when I record I don't get a left signal, it only records the right channel. The Focusrite is plug and play so I can't reinstall the driver. I tried unplugging and plugging in again, still nothing. I've had this system for six months or so and this has never happened before.

Please advise

MannequinRaces

22 May 2021

Are you recording two mics for a guitar or are you recording an analog synth or what?

marcuswitt

22 May 2021

calebbrennan wrote:
22 May 2021
I'm using Reason 10.4 and a Focurite Scarlett 2i2. For some reason I cannot record in stereo. I set the track to stereo input but when I record I don't get a left signal, it only records the right channel. The Focusrite is plug and play so I can't reinstall the driver. I tried unplugging and plugging in again, still nothing. I've had this system for six months or so and this has never happened before.

Please advise
What OS are you running Reason under? MacOS or Windows 10?
Have you checked the Audio Settings of your computer's OS? Maybe, and I'm just speculating here, one of the Scarlett's input levels is set to zero (muted)?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 May 2021

Are you trying to record audio?
Are you using any VSTs?
Flip the rack and look at the cables. Some VSTs you need to connect the right cable. iZotope Excalibur for one comes to mind.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

selig
RE Developer

22 May 2021

Basic troubleshooting - start at the beginning: are you seeing signal on both input channel meters on the hardware? Is everything set up correctly in the Focusrite software control?
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information