reason 12 early access

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
miscend

23 Jul 2021

I'm hearing mumbling from Reason+ users that the early access is uncharacteristically buggy.

Loque

23 Jul 2021

miscend wrote:
23 Jul 2021
I'm hearing mumbling from Reason+ users that the early access is uncharacteristically buggy.
This is the anser to my first question:
viewtopic.php?p=562641#p562641

And i have a feeling, that it is not that productive-ready as it should/could be. But hey, it's early access and that means it is not finished yet and still may have some bugs. And dont forget, its not backward compatible!
Reason12, Win10

plaamook

24 Jul 2021

So let me get this straight...If you get R+ it automatically updates so everything is 'current'? Will those who subscribe have the option to not update Reason?
I've never used a sub model so I've no idea. Just everyone going on about all the latest blah blah blah.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

plaamook

24 Jul 2021

Also can anyone confirm whether or not the shift over to GPU for graphics processing has sorted out the visual lag and jidder on Macbooks?

This one thing may be all that's in it for me if the sampler isn't a fire cracker.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

RoryM0

24 Jul 2021

gullum wrote:
24 Jul 2021
what you are getting with early access of Reason 12+
Hope work is being done on this issue as that is absolute trash.

gullum

24 Jul 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
24 Jul 2021
gullum wrote:
24 Jul 2021
yes it takes about 30 seconds to load the song and an other 10 minutes before all graphic are loaded to Hi-res and if you decide to zoom it will have that beach ball spinning again. I guess soon Mac user on reason 12 is going to start making covers of the Beach Boys.

Billy+

24 Jul 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
24 Jul 2021
gullum wrote:
24 Jul 2021
I'm less concerned with the load time,
But system resources being doubled is a problem I personally would have accepted worse looking devices for improvements in DSP as I still don't understand the need for the feature, being able to see the sequencer is far more important than being able to see giant knobs or rusty patches

Feels like a problem for people who like looking at devices not using devices :o

helmutson

24 Jul 2021

Sorry RS, very sobering impression until yet... and time is running out

gullum

24 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
24 Jul 2021

But system resources being doubled is a problem I personally would have accepted worse looking devices for improvements in DSP as I still don't understand the need for the feature, being able to see the sequencer is far more important than being able to see giant knobs or rusty patches

Feels like a problem for people who like looking at devices not using devices :o
the load time is an issue because it it is still rendering graphics 10 in minutes after opening the song it will affect the performance in some way and not in a good way.
And to wait every time adding a device for it to load is also annoying as hell
after a few hours it becomes better, but if you close reason and open it up again later your back at zero and need to work for a few hours before it's not a problem, then all over the day after that

But yes I agree the the Hi Res is not needed so much as other stuff and the reason for getting Hi Res was because of mac had problem when using 4k display now we mac users have even bigger problems with reason

madmacman

24 Jul 2021

gullum wrote:
24 Jul 2021

after a few hours it becomes better, but if you close reason and open it up again later your back at zero and need to work for a few hours before it's not a problem, then all over the day after that
Huh? I thought the rendered HiRes gfx is cached? And only re-rendered if you change the scaling?

gullum

24 Jul 2021

madmacman wrote:
24 Jul 2021
gullum wrote:
24 Jul 2021

Huh? I thought the rendered HiRes gfx is cached? And only re-rendered if you change the scaling?
it's operantly not cached that way because closing down reason it all has to be re rendered again

Billy+

25 Jul 2021

gullum wrote:
24 Jul 2021
Billy+ wrote:
24 Jul 2021

the load time is an issue because it it is still rendering graphics 10 in minutes after opening the song it will affect the performance in some way and not in a good way.
And to wait every time adding a device for it to load is also annoying as hell

But yes I agree the the Hi Res is not needed so much as other stuff and the reason for getting Hi Res was because of mac had problem when using 4k display now we mac users have even bigger problems with reason

I use a Mac mini with a 32" hdmi tv with a resolution of 1920x1080 and things are fine running V11.

I would like to have a new silicon based laptop but with no native build I've decided to wait however if the current features are all V12 is getting I don't think I will bother with it.

September isn't that far away and as a reason user I'm fairly patient so I guess waiting to find out what if any useful features are being added isn't much of a problem.

slic

27 Jul 2021

B139 just dropped (small bug fixes) updates from Reason+ (and beta)

Billy+

27 Jul 2021

slic wrote:
27 Jul 2021
Have they included CMBv2 and the new sampler yet?

I've been thinking about this for the last few days and can RS really call this early access if the release doesn't actually include the announced features?

I get that hires has been released and earlier than 12 licensing is available but it's not the full version so can they actually make the claim that it's early access 12 when it's missing 2 out of the 3 advertises features.....

slic

27 Jul 2021

No new features, minor bug fixes.

The sampler and combiner2 are Re's I guess and probably don't need beta testing (openly at least) so potentially they could just 'drop' for Reason+ users anytime. They are probably making sure the HD stuff works as it should before adding anything else to the mix, todays update was a small patch so fingers crossed....

QVprod

27 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
27 Jul 2021
slic wrote:
27 Jul 2021

I've been thinking about this for the last few days and can RS really call this early access if the release doesn't actually include the announced features?

I get that hires has been released and earlier than 12 licensing is available but it's not the full version so can they actually make the claim that it's early access 12 when it's missing 2 out of the 3 advertises features.....
They didn’t say they were releasing them all at the same time to R+ users, just that they would be released as they were “ready”. So yeah it’s early access. They always go on vacation in July which does put releases in a odd timeline, but I suspect the remaining features will drop for early access in August.

Billy+

27 Jul 2021

QVprod wrote:
27 Jul 2021
Billy+ wrote:
27 Jul 2021

They didn’t say they were releasing them all at the same time to R+ users, just that they would be released as they were “ready”. So yeah it’s early access. They always go on vacation in July which does put releases in a odd timeline, but I suspect the remaining features will drop for early access in August.
Well I guess that I would agree that they didn't exactly say what would happen when and assuming the new sampler is RE based then I guess it's released could be at any time but the CMBv2 must be part of the main product as the SDK doesn't seem to allow for such a device I would definitely have thought it would be included with v12 early access or other wise especially as the test pilots are using / creating new patches for CMBv2 so it must be functional / ready?

QVprod

27 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
27 Jul 2021
QVprod wrote:
27 Jul 2021

Well I guess that I would agree that they didn't exactly say what would happen when and assuming the new sampler is RE based then I guess it's released could be at any time but the CMBv2 must be part of the main product as the SDK doesn't seem to allow for such a device I would definitely have thought it would be included with v12 early access or other wise especially as the test pilots are using / creating new patches for CMBv2 so it must be functional / ready?
I'm not a test pilot, But I'm pretty positive they have the new sampler and combinator otherwise there'd be nothing to beta test let alone give early access to with only about month or so left before the perpetual release.

Faastwalker

28 Jul 2021

What's coming next for early access for Reason+ subscribers? A little over a month to go until the full Reason 12 release, assuming it will be ready on time. With the flaky hi-res I'm not holding my breath.

DaveyG

28 Jul 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
28 Jul 2021
What's coming next for early access for Reason+ subscribers? A little over a month to go until the full Reason 12 release, assuming it will be ready on time. With the flaky hi-res I'm not holding my breath.
Don't panic yet! The public Beta programme is ticking along with another version released yesterday so the flakiness is gradually being ironed out.
With only a month to go I'm wondering if the two new devices will not be part of the Beta and will either get released to everyone on Sept 1 or will be available early to R+ subs, which means that those users will effectively be beta testing them for a few weeks ahead of release day. Either way I think we can expect a point update within a month or two of release to nail some of the bugs that emerge.

Faastwalker

28 Jul 2021

DaveyG wrote:
28 Jul 2021
Faastwalker wrote:
28 Jul 2021
Don't panic yet! The public Beta programme is ticking along with another version released yesterday so the flakiness is gradually being ironed out.
With only a month to go I'm wondering if the two new devices will not be part of the Beta and will either get released to everyone on Sept 1 or will be available early to R+ subs, which means that those users will effectively be beta testing them for a few weeks ahead of release day. Either way I think we can expect a point update within a month or two of release to nail some of the bugs that emerge.
And there I was thinking + users were going to be privileged with new 12 features 'when they were ready' in advance of the full release on September 1st. Silly me!! :? :roll:

orthodox
RE Developer

28 Jul 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
28 Jul 2021
And there I was thinking + users were going to be privileged with new 12 features 'when they were ready' in advance of the full release on September 1st. Silly me!! :? :roll:
Doesn't matter if it's not ready yet, they can already post videos with hi-res Reason and earn likes in advance of the release. What else is the early access good for? I do feel like being privileged.

slic

28 Jul 2021

It was very brave to announce a release date ahead of timer for such a big update, most developers just release things when they are ready and never give a date in advance!

DaveyG

28 Jul 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
28 Jul 2021
DaveyG wrote:
28 Jul 2021

I don't think they ever promised that every new thing would be available early to subscribers but there is still a month left so maybe you'll see one or both of the new devices. Just don't expect them to be bug free!

• Information