If you only had one choice..

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
bjmatt

01 Jun 2015

screensets just like in Logic

Faastwalker

01 Jun 2015

Only one!? Jeez that's tough to call. Probably from;

Reaktor style SDK / IDT building of devices that can be exported as Rack Extensions.
Front of rack CV / Audio connections & patch bays allowing current devices to be patched to the front of the rack.
Improved audio editing - to include Melodyne like control & the ability to create sample sets .......
..... for loading into Sampler RE's. RE's that can load audio are long overdue.   

Theo.M

02 Jun 2015

zeebot wrote:I guess this is just a bit of fun and theoretical but lets just say props ran some competition and the winner got to choose one feature they would like added to Reason. What would your dream feature be?
Personally if Ernst said to me "well, congratulations Mr Zeebot *handshake* so what is your dream feature that we will achieve no matter how difficult. Lets sit down over a latte and discuss your ideas" I would reply "Well Ernst me old chum (I am from the UK) I would absolutely love to see swappable mixers, sort of like REs and I would particularly like for the first model to be the Focusrite console please"

So, what feature would you ask for..one and only one.

EDIT: Talking of features is there a way I can link my soundcloud without having the player thing coming up? I've tried to do it but cant seem to work it out. 
Just keeps weirding me out seeing my avatar staring back at me everytime I post  :s0959:
wow that's a tough one. But I think I'd choose either between extremely optimised performance or PDC for sure. For the sake of topic, I will choose one, PDC I think it is for me.. that is my dream for Reason.

firejan82

02 Jun 2015

Hi, 

first time post from me. I'm a relatively new user - I bought Reason 8 last December, couldn't resist the offer they had back then. Before that I only played with the demo versions since Reason 7.

back to topic

it's been already mentioned a couple of times, the Ableton clip launching session view - that's my number one feature I'd love if they added. I know I can do do the ReWire thing but I'd rather stay within the Reason environment and keep things from getting too complicated.

FrankJaeger

02 Jun 2015

Deeper audio editing features. I absolutely hate Pro-Tools, but when I watch videos of other producers and engineers pulling off audio magic that it takes hours and liberal use of the the razor tool to marginally pull off in Reason I start to feel some type of way. I hate that damn razor tool...lol

I stick with Reason because it's the DAW I know best and I love the modular environment which has helped me considerably with hardware applications. I quit Ableton because it didn't do things like Reason and the same for Logic X. I know I'm going to stick with Reason regardless to if I add another DAW to the mix or not, but the audio editing needs a major over hall. I'm still on 7.1.1 (BEST MUSIC SOFTWARE EVER) and I would gladly upgrade just for more in depth audio editing and nothing else.
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

Palmeira

02 Jun 2015

Anything that sounds like Hip Hop makes the computer crash.

paulred67

02 Jun 2015

I would love some Time Signature/Tempo consistency between song and blocks sequencer view. For example, if I have a song which is in 4/4 and then a part of a song (recorded in block) which is, let's say in 5/4, this change should be automatically adjusted in song's Ruler when drawing this Block. Doing it manually is pretty annoying.
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

ReasonUser

02 Jun 2015

I'm no expert, but PDC seems the biggest blunder to me at this point. I mean how many of the "top-tier" DAWs don't have PDC by now?

Digitus

02 Jun 2015

Palmeira wrote:Anything that sounds like Hip Hop makes the computer crash.
Yo! Check it!.... One Two One Two!....

X1Lo

02 Jun 2015

Thor 2.0 :D
"As I stare into the digital abyss, I will remember when the world was real."

Upright

02 Jun 2015

Marc Swing wrote:VST support!
This would also take care of Enoch's feature. 

So for me I gotta go with VST support as well. As a matter of fact I'm not planning on upgrading from version 7 unless they add VST support or do something so amazing that I'm compelled to upgrade. I'm sorry to say Props and everything they are doing right now is completely off my radar and doesn't appeal to me.  :bawl:

EddieG

02 Jun 2015

Can I getta I'm In  !
(+1)
QwaizanG wrote:+1000 to Enoch's one feature.
stratcatfl in the house !

Gaja

03 Jun 2015

Marc Swing wrote:VST support!
Upright wrote:
This would also take care of Enoch's feature. 

So for me I gotta go with VST support as well. As a matter of fact I'm not planning on upgrading from version 7 unless they add VST support or do something so amazing that I'm compelled to upgrade. I'm sorry to say Props and everything they are doing right now is completely off my radar and doesn't appeal to me.  :bawl:
Actually this wouldn't change anything related to RE graphics at all.

Anyway. My one wish would also be deeper editing features, which is coupled imo with zoomability.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Upright

03 Jun 2015

Gaja wrote:Actually this wouldn't change anything related to RE graphics at all. Anyway. My one wish would also be deeper editing features, which is coupled imo with zoomability.
While I'm sure he did mean the actual graphics in Reason it doesn't take a genius to realize that if VST support was added there would be no need to update the graphics in Reason itself. The end result being "THINGS LIKE THIS" not the actual graphics themselves....doesn't take rocket science to figure that out. 

EnochLight wrote:so we could have things like this:

FGL

03 Jun 2015

EnochLight wrote:If I had to choose one miracle feature, it would be direct access/support for advanced graphics processing and acceleration in RE's interactive custom displays, so we could have things like this:

If such a thing would be there I would only create more time eating curves and work less clean.

mrj1nx

03 Jun 2015

one word: VST support!!!

Exowildebeest

03 Jun 2015

EnochLight

03 Jun 2015

Gaja wrote:Actually this wouldn't change anything related to RE graphics at all. Anyway. My one wish would also be deeper editing features, which is coupled imo with zoomability.
Upright wrote:
While I'm sure he did mean the actual graphics in Reason it doesn't take a genius to realize that if VST support was added there would be no need to update the graphics in Reason itself. The end result being "
Upright wrote:THINGS LIKE THIS
Upright wrote:" not the actual graphics themselves....doesn't take rocket science to figure that out. 

EnochLight wrote:so we could have things like this:
Nope, I'm afraid you misunderstood me.  When I say "things like this" - I mean the accelerated graphics.  Period.  I want them in an RE's interactive custom display.  

I don't have any interest in Fab Filter or Razor being ported to Reason, nor having VST in Reason.  Just the fancy shmancy graphics one can do when you have direct access to your OS's graphics acceleration.   ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Upright

03 Jun 2015

I knew what you meant...my position is that by allowing VST support you could have your fancy graphics. After all we don't use "graphics" per se we use the end result of the graphics which in this case are already available in VST format. The end result being the tools the graphics make possible. ;-)

MirEko

03 Jun 2015

Clip launcher ala ableton..
It would be incredible with all the cv, imagine launch-able automation clips ;)

But reading all these posts brings to light how stagnated reason has become :frown: I hope r9 can push things forward but with such a small team, RE SDK development, and discover.. Well.. It doesn't look good for reason :/
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

EnochLight

03 Jun 2015

Well, on a slightly related note - the frequency at which Reason updates have been appearing has accelerated big time these past few years, so at least there's that.   ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Majestik Monkey

03 Jun 2015

After reading "all" of the replies , & agreeing with almost everyone, it made me think about how Reason could be "thee" Number One Software-Studio in the World ! That is of course were many of these request's met ! & i would like to think that all of them shall be implemented Sooner rather than later !

That's one thing that makes me ' quite often scratch my head, about the pace that PH move @ ??? :t0152:   <<< This means SlooooooooW 

But pls don't get me wrong i am still a boarder line Fan boy ' ish & would love to see [ FREAKIN SYNC TO FREAKIN HOST ] /in the NEW BROWSER !

Pstt  Great Thread Topic ...... :t2018:

zakalwe

03 Jun 2015

i do like the super combinator idea but if it was one real meaty reason feature, as opposed to my dreary DAW wants,  i'd say a new modular sampler.   something like kong with the different modules and lots of breakouts, sends and CV so i can wire it up as i please.  kong is almost perfect for drum design as you can get two sends and an insert on it for a minimum of mucking about with spiders.  NNXT sucks in 2015 as it doesn't even have env out and the filter section is lacking.

mreese80

04 Dec 2015

Vst Support...yup...i said. RE devlopments are slow and there are way to many vsts that i'm sure all of us would love to be able to use with reason. Reason would be #1 if they allow this easily. Ableton has everything and you can stay inside the daw. i feel like Propellerhead has been paying attention to Ableton.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

• Information