Matrix legendary bug Found

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sdst
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2017

When you copy the notes to the matrix track in the sequenser, the regroove mixer don't work in this

and the shuffle Option is not the same thing, is very limited,

that Must be a bug

AttenuationHz

27 Jul 2017

sdst wrote:
27 Jul 2017
When you copy the notes to the matrix track in the sequenser, the regroove mixer don't work in this

that Must be a bug
Are you assigning the regroove to the notes?
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

selig
RE Developer

27 Jul 2017

sdst wrote:
27 Jul 2017

that Must be a bug
Doesn't make sense to copy notes to the Matrix track - you should by copying notes to the SYNTH track that you want Matrix notes to play, otherwise you won't hear anything.

If this is the case, what's happening is you're still triggering the synth from the Matrix itself and therefore none of the notes on the track (which ARE being affected by ReGroove) are actually playing anything.

The correct workflow is to select the SYNTH track the Matrix is playing, THEN copy Matrix notes to track (or drag the notes from the Matrix track to your synth track if you accidentally send them to the Matrix track).

Once the notes are on the synth track, you can use all the ReGrove functions and you'll hear them just fine!
Hopefully that all makes sense…
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

sdst
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
27 Jul 2017

Are you assigning the regroove to the notes?
of course

sdst
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2017

selig wrote:
27 Jul 2017
you should by copying notes to the SYNTH track that you want Matrix notes to play, otherwise you won't hear anything.
What happens is that I use the cv tuner, And that works only with the matrix,

I would like to see a solution that lets me use the cv tuner with the instrument track

Loque

27 Jul 2017

sdst wrote:
27 Jul 2017
selig wrote:
27 Jul 2017
you should by copying notes to the SYNTH track that you want Matrix notes to play, otherwise you won't hear anything.
What happens is that I use the cv tuner, And that works only with the matrix,

I would like to see a solution that lets me use the cv tuner with the instrument track
If its mono, you can use an RPG8 for the notes, and grab the notes from its back.
Put RPG8 in a Combinator, the synth too. Make RPG8 receive notes in the Combinator mod matrix, disable note receiving for the synth. Disable the RPG8. Now flip to back, connect RPG8 note out to CV Tuner, connect CV Tuner to synth note in. Connect the gate out from RPG8 to synth. Add your notes to the note lane of Combinator.
Reason12, Win10

sdst
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2017

Loque
Thanks, I'll try

How simple would it be If the matrix would work just like the redrum copy to track

Loque

28 Jul 2017

sdst wrote:
27 Jul 2017
Loque
Thanks, I'll try

How simple would it be If the matrix would work just like the redrum copy to track
I wish the Players had poly CV out :cool:
Reason12, Win10

Oquasec

28 Jul 2017

That is working correctly. the notes won't play on a matrix like an rpg-8 would I think.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

selig
RE Developer

28 Jul 2017

sdst wrote:
Loque
Thanks, I'll try

If I'm understanding you correctly, it cannot. ReDrum plays sounds, matrix just produces control signals. When you copy to track with ReDrum you want the notes to be on the ReDrum track because you are replacing the internal sequencer with the track notes. With the Matrix, you are replacing the entire device with the notes to track - you no longer need the Matrix if you copy notes to track!

Still not sure why it's not working for you as expected, apologies if I'm missing something obvious here.
:)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

sdst
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2017

selig wrote:
28 Jul 2017

If I'm understanding you correctly, it cannot. ReDrum plays sounds, matrix just produces control signals.

I copy the matrix notes to the track, To be able to use the regroove mixer

But I need those notes go through the cv tuner Before the instrument

the matrix track Even lets you choose the regroove mixer But does not work

But for now The workaround Loque said Works, with the RPG8

selig
RE Developer

28 Jul 2017

sdst wrote:
selig wrote:
28 Jul 2017

If I'm understanding you correctly, it cannot. ReDrum plays sounds, matrix just produces control signals.

I copy the matrix notes to the track, To be able to use the regroove mixer

But I need those notes go through the cv tuner Before the instrument

the matrix track Even lets you choose the regroove mixer But does not work

But for now The workaround Loque said Works, with the RPG8
OK, missed the part about wanting to convert MIDI to CV so you can use CV tuner!
BTW, ReGroove doesn't work because the notes on the track are not going anywhere! That's all I was trying to say, that it's not a bug.

So the problem is that notes on a track are not "CV" so cannot go through a CV device unless that device allows MIDI note input in addition to CV note input. The suggestion for using the RPG8 seems like a good place to start - just drag the note clips into an RPG8 track.

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

sdst
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2017

this free RE do the same job as the RPG8

One-Note Stand
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/one-note-stand/

I notice now That working with the tool window And that RE, is like the matrix On steroids

This thread worth it.lol

Gaja

28 Jul 2017

Am I missing something obvious here? Couldn't you use the chords and scales player instead of the cv tuner? With chords turned off you should be able to get the same results, no? Can CV tuner do something the player can not?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

sdst
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2017

Gaja wrote:
28 Jul 2017
Am I missing something obvious here? Couldn't you use the chords and scales player instead of the cv tuner? With chords turned off you should be able to get the same results, no? Can CV tuner do something the player can not?

i can't say much about the player because I do not use them

I'm very fan of the cv, and the player don't have nothing

can you use One only One scales player for 5 instrument in a combinator?

the cv tuner can

so for modular things I prefer the cv out in

Loque

28 Jul 2017

sdst wrote:
28 Jul 2017
Gaja wrote:
28 Jul 2017
i can't say much about the player because I do not use them

I'm very fan of the cv, and the player don't have nothing

can you use One only One scales player for 5 instrument in a combinator?

the cv tuner can

so for modular things I prefer the cv out in
Hook the Player on the Combinator, than play the Combinator. But its also fun to do both...
Reason12, Win10

• Information