Mattias comments on the 10.1 update

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tumar

09 May 2018

esselfortium wrote:
08 May 2018
tumar wrote:
08 May 2018

VST performance? Just one Europa instance kills my Macbook Pro 15" i7 (4 cores). That is why I didn't buy R10 upgrade. Demoed it, but my quite good Macbook couldn't handle it.
That's really weird. What model of i7 are you on? My i7-4790k Mac is able to handle multiple Europa instances in a complete song without breaking a sweat.
I'm on Retina Mid-2015 15", base model (i7 2.2, 16 GB ram). One Europa pad made it cracking, when sample rate was even so high as 128 (latency!). I can't recreate it now, because demo was stupid trial linked to my account, time passed and can't open it to check and eventually change my mind. So farewell Reason 10...

guitfnky

09 May 2018

tumar wrote:
09 May 2018
esselfortium wrote:
08 May 2018

That's really weird. What model of i7 are you on? My i7-4790k Mac is able to handle multiple Europa instances in a complete song without breaking a sweat.
I'm on Retina Mid-2015 15", base model (i7 2.2, 16 GB ram). One Europa pad made it cracking, when sample rate was even so high as 128 (latency!). I can't recreate it now, because demo was stupid trial linked to my account, time passed and can't open it to check and eventually change my mind. So farewell Reason 10...
you’ve got your buffer at 128 and are still experiencing obvious latency? I wonder if you might not need to use a different driver. I can’t remember what I used when I was on a Mac, but I know when I switched to PC, if I wasn’t using the ASIO drivers, it was a choice between like a second of latency or unplayable audio (this also on a late-gen i7).

if you’ve got your buffer that low, you should barely hear any latency.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

chimp_spanner

09 May 2018

Yeah something isn’t right there. I run an i7 4th gen and can chuck many Europas in at 64 or 128 samples. But I’m on PC so there might be some setting specific to Mac that would help. Either way it’s not normal behaviour.

theshoemaker

09 May 2018

If you are running on Latest MacOS HIgh Sierra there is a known issue and they suggest not to update until they fixed it. Have a look here:

https://help.propellerheads.se/hc/en-us ... ra-10-13-4
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

• Information