Is there a 2023 Roadmap?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Overtherainbow

25 Feb 2023

WaxTrax wrote:
20 Feb 2023

This is absolutely untrue, and value is subjective in this case. M chips absolutely are the future in the Apple ecosystem, and the Mac Pro is the only computer still using Intel chips, and the transition to Apple Silicon on that model is expected this year.

Arguments about total market and user share of the Apple platform may or may not be valid, but there is no doubt that Apple is leaving Intel behind in all Mac computers.
Arguments about total market and user share of the Apple platform may or may not be valid. But they happen to be valid. Here's more - majority of apple computer users are housewives. Women make 80% of all purchase decisions on the market (despite men generating most of the families' income) and that's whom the marketing is really aimed at - "premium" and "sexy". HP has the same approach. And value can be measured - it's very much objective. Your PERCEPTION is subjective. Now what?

And why are you turning this into "future in the apple ecosystem system" when I just said it's "not the future", by which I meant it's not the future of any kind. Intel chips are still in apple's most powerful machines not because of some contracts with intel, but because they flat-out outperform m chips in actual tasks. You can stick those into something portable - sure. And who cares if it's ARM 32 ,64 or 69 or whatever. Adding insult to injury, most of the ACTUAL "pro" software still doesn't run natively with M chips and the chances are it won't in the next decade because there is no need. Think closed/desktop CRM, factory production, oil rigs, space/ocean exploration, ballistic modelling, telescopes, engineering, architecture and sculpture, automated farms and hadron colliders. Big boys will choose their hardware to accommodate for the software, not the other way around. While Apple would have kids believe that making reaction videos on youtube or editing photographs, or even fiddling with the DAW somehow makes them "Pro".

Just because Apple is the monster that it is, it bullied the market into submission. Imagine a smaller company coming out with "hey we got a new chip that will be as good as the current one in 2-3 years, but we need you to pay for it now and by the way, all the software must be re-developed for it from ground-up and in the meantime you can use what is essentially Wine for Linux as a workaround" - that would be the last statement this company ever released.

Recap:
Apple chips are not there yet, and when they will be, they will become more expensive than the competition. And god forbid they actually gain a productivity advantage - even if they get 1%, Apple will squeeze and market this advantage for every penny like it's the best thing since sliced bread. If you think that's "the future", well... it is only in the sense that it hasn't even happened yet.

kitekrazy

25 Feb 2023

Roadmaps are promises developers can't keep or putting something out half assed to live up to it. The latter is often worse.

WaxTrax

25 Feb 2023

Wow, is there any section of your post that isn't pure hyperbole?

You seem to be great at pulling statistics out of nowhere. Can you back any of this up with any kind of source?

The majority of Apple Computer users are housewives? Are you for real?
Overtherainbow wrote:
25 Feb 2023

Arguments about total market and user share of the Apple platform may or may not be valid. But they happen to be valid. Here's more - majority of apple computer users are housewives. Women make 80% of all purchase decisions on the market (despite men generating most of the families' income) and that's whom the marketing is really aimed at - "premium" and "sexy". HP has the same approach. And value can be measured - it's very much objective. Your PERCEPTION is subjective. Now what?

And why are you turning this into "future in the apple ecosystem system" when I just said it's "not the future", by which I meant it's not the future of any kind. Intel chips are still in apple's most powerful machines not because of some contracts with intel, but because they flat-out outperform m chips in actual tasks. You can stick those into something portable - sure. And who cares if it's ARM 32 ,64 or 69 or whatever. Adding insult to injury, most of the ACTUAL "pro" software still doesn't run natively with M chips and the chances are it won't in the next decade because there is no need. Think closed/desktop CRM, factory production, oil rigs, space/ocean exploration, ballistic modelling, telescopes, engineering, architecture and sculpture, automated farms and hadron colliders. Big boys will choose their hardware to accommodate for the software, not the other way around. While Apple would have kids believe that making reaction videos on youtube or editing photographs, or even fiddling with the DAW somehow makes them "Pro".

Just because Apple is the monster that it is, it bullied the market into submission. Imagine a smaller company coming out with "hey we got a new chip that will be as good as the current one in 2-3 years, but we need you to pay for it now and by the way, all the software must be re-developed for it from ground-up and in the meantime you can use what is essentially Wine for Linux as a workaround" - that would be the last statement this company ever released.

Recap:
Apple chips are not there yet, and when they will be, they will become more expensive than the competition. And god forbid they actually gain a productivity advantage - even if they get 1%, Apple will squeeze and market this advantage for every penny like it's the best thing since sliced bread. If you think that's "the future", well... it is only in the sense that it hasn't even happened yet.

kitekrazy

25 Feb 2023

WaxTrax wrote:
12 Feb 2023
DaveyG wrote:
11 Feb 2023

It's the N1 processor you need to worry about. :D
When are we going to get support for running Reason on an Apple Watch? :lol:
I want an RE called Apple Watch just not the Apple price.

mimidancer

25 Feb 2023

kitekrazy wrote:
25 Feb 2023
WaxTrax wrote:
12 Feb 2023

When are we going to get support for running Reason on an Apple Watch? :lol:
I want an RE called Apple Watch just not the Apple price.
Do you think they could make umpf retro beats work with apple car play?

Loque

26 Feb 2023

Mod note: keep discussions calm and friendly.
Reason12, Win10

Overtherainbow

26 Feb 2023

WaxTrax wrote:
25 Feb 2023

You seem to be great at pulling statistics out of nowhere. Can you back any of this up with any kind of source?

Simple google returned this:

Women and marketing decision: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescont ... cd27031297

computer users by gender: https://www.statista.com/statistics/659 ... rs-gender/

I can show you the 2022 breakdown for a $100, if you want. Education isn't free. PM me.

DaveyG

26 Feb 2023

Overtherainbow wrote:
26 Feb 2023
WaxTrax wrote:
25 Feb 2023

Women and marketing decision: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescont ... cd27031297

computer users by gender: https://www.statista.com/statistics/659 ... rs-gender/

I can show you the 2022 breakdown for a $100, if you want. Education isn't free. PM me.
Please take your soapbox elsewhere. Thank you. :thumbup:

tronam

26 Feb 2023

Overtherainbow wrote:
26 Feb 2023
WaxTrax wrote:
25 Feb 2023

Well, I've been selling Macs and other Apple products for over 8 years now and here's what I've observed: iMacs are mostly purchased by baby boomers of either gender as shared household computers, and Mac desktops in general probably sell at 1/10th the volume as mobile. There's no gender bias for college students purchasing basic MacBooks for school work. MacBook Pros are mostly purchased by younger generation men, whereas younger generation women about half the time lean toward the iPad instead, particularly for digital art and/or handwriting centric apps like mind mapping and planner/organizers. Mac purchasers typically lean more toward aspirations for content creation vs buying a household computer for MS Office or paying bills since most younger users just do that on their phones these days. Interestingly when selling general purpose desktop PCs I did notice a female gender bias toward baby boomer women who are frequently more computer savvy than their partners, probably because they've typically been the ones managing home finances. Otherwise the vast majority were younger men purchasing for PC gaming which is a niche that still skews male. Women are far more into gaming these days than in the past, but still primarily mobile and console. Games like Overwatch and League of Legends have brought a ton of women into PC gaming though, so these trends are changing and it's been interesting to observe.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Overtherainbow

28 Feb 2023

DaveyG wrote:
26 Feb 2023
Please take your soapbox elsewhere. Thank you. :thumbup:
You mean like, to a place made of soapboxes where people come to exchange ideas, views and opinions?

If only there was a word for a place like that.

Overtherainbow

28 Feb 2023

tronam wrote:
26 Feb 2023

Well, I've been selling Macs and other Apple products for over 8 years now and here's what I've observed: iMacs are mostly purchased by baby boomers of either gender as shared household computers, and Mac desktops in general probably sell at 1/10th the volume as mobile. There's no gender bias for college students purchasing basic MacBooks for school work. MacBook Pros are mostly purchased by younger generation men, whereas younger generation women about half the time lean toward the iPad instead, particularly for digital art and/or handwriting centric apps like mind mapping and planner/organizers. Mac purchasers typically lean more toward aspirations for content creation vs buying a household computer for MS Office or paying bills since most younger users just do that on their phones these days. Interestingly when selling general purpose desktop PCs I did notice a female gender bias toward baby boomer women who are frequently more computer savvy than their partners, probably because they've typically been the ones managing home finances. Otherwise the vast majority were younger men purchasing for PC gaming which is a niche that still skews male. Women are far more into gaming these days than in the past, but still primarily mobile and console. Games like Overwatch and League of Legends have brought a ton of women into PC gaming though, so these trends are changing and it's been interesting to observe.
That IS interesting. We've been presented some of the sales data at work as my company works tightly with Apple. You are 100% right in that younger females lean towards iPads. The younger males buying MbP's more often I cannot comment on as they just fall under "laptops" category, but the amount bought by adult males is negligible, while the adult women make up the single biggest buyer group for laptops, but this would include the "Air" series of course.

WaxTrax

05 Jun 2023

Overtherainbow wrote:
20 Feb 2023
Secondly, the M chips are "meh" value for their money and they seem to work good in the medium price range, but that's about it. M chips are not "the future", just Apple now owning more of their production chain. Higher-end apple machines still use and WILL use intel chips.
Wrong.

https://9to5mac.com/2023/06/05/apple-an ... -m2-ultra/

Stamatz

05 Jun 2023

The fastest chips on the planet right now is the AMD 7950x / Intel I9-13900K/KF and for gaming/productivity task the AMD 7950x3D variant.
Ther's no disputing this, if you want the fastest deskop today, your build will include either of those two CPU'S.
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT,

Overtherainbow

05 Jun 2023

WaxTrax wrote:
05 Jun 2023
Overtherainbow wrote:
20 Feb 2023
Secondly, the M chips are "meh" value for their money and they seem to work good in the medium price range, but that's about it. M chips are not "the future", just Apple now owning more of their production chain. Higher-end apple machines still use and WILL use intel chips.
Wrong.

https://9to5mac.com/2023/06/05/apple-an ... -m2-ultra/
Please don't forget this little bit of my quote:
Overtherainbow wrote:
25 Feb 2023
Recap:
Their announcement means that Apple's current best and most expensive machine is now on par (but still slower for near-all applications) than a Gen 11 Intel cpu when we are 8 months into Gen 13.
Gen 13, mind you, is in a whole different league while costing half of the M2 estimate.

As I wrote earlier in this thread, I expect Apple to start catching up at some point, but for now they are falling further behind both competitors, while their marketing does the heavy lifting.

Maybe they will surprise us with the increments between m2 and m3 - let's see.

On a sidenote, I have to confess I'm intrigued by a possible iMac pro '27 with the M3-Pro chips. If they actually make the cpu faster and not just increase the core count, it can be a great machine with THE best design, great display and some desktop-worthy power behind it.

moneykube

05 Jun 2023

It's only because there has been a bite out of the apple since the start. Once they find the missing piece > look out :lol:
I noticed a decline in the quality of Apple products, immediately after Jobs passed away. Most Apple care techs oh the Apple care line are younger than some of my working older Mac computers. They follow a standard list of questions, answers and fixes I have known for 25 years or so. Higher tier support is marginally better. I am glad I got apple care because everything is now pretty much on the logic board. If something goes wrong. New logic board. I bought a new intel Mac mini> 3 logic board failures and a power supply failure. I have seen and used many Macs in my time.I have never seen anything like this on the older models ever. Last logic board and power supply replacement, they had two powerbooks with the same problem to fix after mine. Talk to apple they deny everything. A firmware update and a faulty logic board sent power to 6 powered external drives and fried them, costing me over a 1000 bucks to replace. Yet after making billions> They refuse to acknowledge it was their fault, even though I have seen countless YouTube videos saying that this happens to many people from the techs that fix them. Most times I find the answer to a problem on their site before they do, using a simple google search that leads me to their own forums. I was trouble shooting multiple professional studio Macs long before most "support workers" were a gleam in their mother's eye.It is sad how they have fallen IMO. At one time they were indeed cutting edge. That time has passed. Unless they find that missing bite piece and add it back to create the whole apple :puf_wink:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Jagwah

05 Jun 2023

Had to really dig to find this again, but it's a very honest interview from Superbooth 2023.

They talk about the roadmap and also how sequencer improvements are always at the 'top of mind.'

How can you not love these guys? :)

DaveyG

06 Jun 2023

This just in.

Roadmap 2023

1. Change the authorisation system for anyone on R11 and earlier. Claim it is a good thing.
2. Continue to fix the R12 bugs.
3. Erm, that's it.

Roadmap 2024

1. Launch R13.
2. Issue denial that the overinflated upgrade price for the R13 perpetual licence is a tactic to push more people towards the subscription.
3. Bribe/schmooze the RT forum mods to tell us that the R13 bugs are not bugs.
4. Spend the rest of the year fixing the R13 bugs.

Do you think AI will ever learn to be truly cynical? I really hope not.

Heater

06 Jun 2023

DaveyG wrote:
06 Jun 2023
This just in.

That should be the top priority.

I would love to see a clip launcher integrated into Reason. I'm sure they're thought about it.

DaveyG

06 Jun 2023

Heater wrote:
06 Jun 2023
I would love to see a clip launcher integrated into Reason.
We can agree on that. It's a glaring omission and it might even persuade me to upgrade. :thumbup:

bxbrkrz

06 Jun 2023

DaveyG wrote:
06 Jun 2023
This just in.

Roadmap 2023

1. Change the authorisation system for anyone on R11 and earlier. Claim it is a good thing.
3. Erm, that's it.

Roadmap 2024

1. Launch R13.
2. Issue denial that the overinflated upgrade price for the R13 perpetual licence is a tactic to push more people towards the subscription.

Thanks for the smile :puf_smile: :thumbs_up:
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

Ottostrom

07 Jun 2023

DaveyG wrote:
06 Jun 2023
This just in.

Roadmap 2023

3. Erm, that's it.

Roadmap 2024

1. Launch R13.

Reason 13 boasts five groundbreaking features that will empower users to unlock their creative potential:

1. Quantum Harmonizer: Reason Studios has developed a groundbreaking harmonization engine that utilizes artificial intelligence to create stunning harmonies instantly. The Quantum Harmonizer intelligently analyzes melodies and automatically generates harmonies with impeccable precision, allowing users to effortlessly add lush vocal arrangements and intricate chord progressions to their tracks.

2. ModuVerse: Reason 13 introduces ModuVerse, an extensive library of modular devices, rack extensions, and instruments. With over 100 new devices, including oscillators, filters, effects, and more, ModuVerse gives users an expansive sound palette to explore. Whether you're a seasoned modular enthusiast or new to the world of synthesis, ModuVerse offers limitless sonic possibilities for creating unique sounds.

3. MixMaster 2.0: Reason's mixing console receives a major upgrade with MixMaster 2.0. This advanced mixing tool offers an intuitive workflow with enhanced visual feedback, allowing users to achieve professional-grade mixes with ease. With improved channel strip modules, dynamic EQs, and comprehensive metering options, MixMaster 2.0 empowers users to achieve impeccable audio balance and clarity.

4. Live Collaboration Suite: Reason 13 introduces an industry-first feature – the Live Collaboration Suite. With this groundbreaking tool, musicians can collaborate seamlessly in real-time, regardless of their physical location. Whether working with bandmates or collaborating with producers around the globe, users can now share projects, exchange ideas, and make music together, all within the Reason environment.

5. Smart Sound Library: Reason 13 incorporates a revolutionary Smart Sound Library, powered by advanced machine learning algorithms. This intelligent library analyzes users' music preferences, learning their unique style and suggesting personalized sounds, samples, and presets. With the Smart Sound Library, users can effortlessly discover new sounds, speed up their creative workflow, and find inspiration at every step.

rorystorm

07 Jun 2023

So if Moduverse was like a realizing I'd be excited 😁

DaveyG

07 Jun 2023

Ottostrom wrote:
07 Jun 2023
DaveyG wrote:
06 Jun 2023
This just in.

Roadmap 2023

3. Erm, that's it.

Roadmap 2024

1. Launch R13.

Reason 13 boasts five groundbreaking features that will empower users to unlock their creative potential:

1. Quantum Harmonizer: Reason Studios has developed a groundbreaking harmonization engine that utilizes artificial intelligence to create stunning harmonies instantly. The Quantum Harmonizer intelligently analyzes melodies and automatically generates harmonies with impeccable precision, allowing users to effortlessly add lush vocal arrangements and intricate chord progressions to their tracks.

2. ModuVerse: Reason 13 introduces ModuVerse, an extensive library of modular devices, rack extensions, and instruments. With over 100 new devices, including oscillators, filters, effects, and more, ModuVerse gives users an expansive sound palette to explore. Whether you're a seasoned modular enthusiast or new to the world of synthesis, ModuVerse offers limitless sonic possibilities for creating unique sounds.

3. MixMaster 2.0: Reason's mixing console receives a major upgrade with MixMaster 2.0. This advanced mixing tool offers an intuitive workflow with enhanced visual feedback, allowing users to achieve professional-grade mixes with ease. With improved channel strip modules, dynamic EQs, and comprehensive metering options, MixMaster 2.0 empowers users to achieve impeccable audio balance and clarity.

4. Live Collaboration Suite: Reason 13 introduces an industry-first feature – the Live Collaboration Suite. With this groundbreaking tool, musicians can collaborate seamlessly in real-time, regardless of their physical location. Whether working with bandmates or collaborating with producers around the globe, users can now share projects, exchange ideas, and make music together, all within the Reason environment.

5. Smart Sound Library: Reason 13 incorporates a revolutionary Smart Sound Library, powered by advanced machine learning algorithms. This intelligent library analyzes users' music preferences, learning their unique style and suggesting personalized sounds, samples, and presets. With the Smart Sound Library, users can effortlessly discover new sounds, speed up their creative workflow, and find inspiration at every step.
Fuck me, that's gonna be a lot of bugs.

Ottostrom

07 Jun 2023

DaveyG wrote:
07 Jun 2023
Ottostrom wrote:
07 Jun 2023
Fuck me, that's gonna be a lot of bugs.
:lol:

rorystorm

07 Jun 2023

rorystorm wrote:
07 Jun 2023
So if Moduverse was like a realizing I'd be excited 😁
If it was a REAL THING. Damn my Homer Simpson fingers

• Information