"Reason just recovered from a hardware exception"

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sonja

24 Mar 2023

When I try to open the latest song I was working on it says:

"Reason just recovered from a hardware exception. You can continue running, but we recommend you save all open songs and restart the application"

It's not a black screen, just won't open the latest song. Right before this there was some task that had started within Reason- I can't remember what it was- but it took a long time so I ended the task and then the "hardware exception" happened.

Other songs open fine. I had just updated. I was going to hold off on updating since last time updating was a nightmare. I got a new computer recently and everything had been going great until this. But some of my drum loops weren't working so I updated. (12.5.2.d35). Worked fine for a few hours until this popped up. Windows is updated. I restarted app. What do I do? Thanks
Win10|Reason12|i7 -8565U CPU 16 GB RAM Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen, keys KontaktKompltS 88MK2, JBL 306P MkII Powrd Studio Monitors, Saxophones (silver-plate):Selmer BA Alto Daddy-O MP, Yamaha Custom Z Tenor, Robusto 7*MP, Flutes Haynes (C) DiZhau Alto

jam-s

24 Mar 2023

You can send the affected song file to RS support. In many cases they can fix it.

Whoopdee

24 Mar 2023

Seems like the latest update broke Reason for a lot of users...

pushedbutton

29 Mar 2023

I just encountered something similar. When I open a project file it says there's a hardware exception error and then it notifies me that Europa has been disabled.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

moneykube

29 Mar 2023

Reason wouldn't stop playing a file after imported into a large session... had to force quit but I had saved just before that moment. :puf_smile:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Arpeg
Competition Winner

29 Mar 2023

pushedbutton wrote:
29 Mar 2023
I just encountered something similar. When I open a project file it says there's a hardware exception error and then it notifies me that Europa has been disabled.
I presume you're aware of the bug in the latest update!?
The bug makes Reason 12.5.2 crash if you try to automate any Master Section parameter - or create a sequencer track for the Master Section device.

pushedbutton

29 Mar 2023

Arpeg wrote:
29 Mar 2023
pushedbutton wrote:
29 Mar 2023
The bug makes Reason 12.5.2 crash if you try to automate any Master Section parameter - or create a sequencer track for the Master Section device.
Thanks for the heads up. I might have done that. Luckily I have an older version I could recover most of my progress from but it looks like I'll have to be careful what I automate. That sucks, I'm always automating stuff.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Arpeg
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2023

pushedbutton wrote:
29 Mar 2023
Arpeg wrote:
29 Mar 2023

Thanks for the heads up. I might have done that. Luckily I have an older version I could recover most of my progress from but it looks like I'll have to be careful what I automate. That sucks, I'm always automating stuff.
You should see a hotfix to download today. Hopefully all sorted now.

Easy

Whoopdee

30 Mar 2023

Arpeg wrote:
30 Mar 2023
pushedbutton wrote:
29 Mar 2023

You should see a hotfix to download today. Hopefully all sorted now.

Easy
The hotfix fixes the bug, but affected files still need to be sent to RS for repair. They fixed mine.

futurewizard

31 Mar 2023

Any time I export a song as .WAV, move the file somewhere and export again with a different name, I get this error. I have to restart if I want to export more than once. I love how it says shows that error, you click ok, and the software just leaves you with your ___ in your hand like, 'ok, so I quit or what?'. I guess I'll save and do the whole 'recovered audio' tango again. Frustrating. Also the little automation dots are too small and hard to click. Sorry, I'm upset because the Auth servers are down and my tracert shows some random server between me and Sweden not responding.

I just want to make stuff. I get it, the piracy protection. But it's like a concert where they have metal detectors and they check your purse and blah blah. By the time I get into the program, I always feel like things can be "over authorized" sometimes. Ok, end rant. Breathe.
꧁༒☬Loyal Reasoner since 2001☬༒꧂

Check out my stuff: @ https://futurewizard.org

sonja

19 Apr 2023

Now a month later- "Reason just recovered from a hardware exception. You can continue running, but we recommend you save all open songs and restart the application"

Support had to do their magic last time and fixed it but now it happened again- except it's affecting other songs than just the one I was working on. I've used Reason for over a decade, taken classes to learn it and made a lot of great music. But I'm really upset about all the problems I've been having the last few months. Lots of weird things not working and then just dead in the water. I'm getting to the point that I'm scared to put a lot of time into projects because I'm scared it will crash and I'll lose my work. I've contacted support again.
Win10|Reason12|i7 -8565U CPU 16 GB RAM Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen, keys KontaktKompltS 88MK2, JBL 306P MkII Powrd Studio Monitors, Saxophones (silver-plate):Selmer BA Alto Daddy-O MP, Yamaha Custom Z Tenor, Robusto 7*MP, Flutes Haynes (C) DiZhau Alto

sonja

20 Apr 2023

Support got right back to me and said to send them the song file. They also said to go ahead and update- I had been afraid to do this because after updating last time I then couldn't open Reason. It's opening fine now after update.

• Information