Announcing Reason 13

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Karim
Competition Winner

02 May 2024

I'm here straight from the grind at work, and let me tell you, this news just made my day, my week, my entire year!
Reason, you're my ride-or-die! I'm getting all emotional here.
You guys are and will always be the absolute champs! 🚀🎶
MattiasHG wrote:
02 May 2024
Here it is, we just announced Reason 13!

Check out what's new here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/new-in-13
And read my customary blog post here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/news/post ... ct-manager

We'll share more info and content leading up to the release on June 18th. Make sure you sign up for the beta too, while you're at it. We really appreciate the help testing this!
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

02 May 2024

Noise wrote:
02 May 2024
Can we create new tags for VST's or Devices ?
That's currently not in place, no. Device categories are read directly from the VST3 and REs have been categorized by us. In the near future, RE developers can categorize their own devices and Reason will read those straight from the RE file.
parma wrote:
02 May 2024
What are the minimum system requirements?
We'll publish those closer to release.
steff3 wrote:
02 May 2024
what is the difference between the Stereo Tool and the master imaging tool (I am bad with names ;) - hope it is clear which one I am referring to)we have?
Stereo Tool is designed to widen mono signals (though it works on stereo too) and also does widening that's still phase correct, so if you sum to mono it will not sound strange. It uses different DSP technology than MClass Stereo Imager.
MrFigg wrote:
02 May 2024
Regarding the earlier VST discussion…is VST2 still supported?
Yes, VST2 is still supported.

sonicbyte

02 May 2024

The updated sequencer would be able to handle multi-channel midi devices, for better workflow with Kontakt for example?

I mean, each track could play one specific midi channel inside one instance of Kontakt

Arpeg
Competition Winner

02 May 2024

Thank You for answering Questions, Mattias. The Combinator 2 device is a medium to highly used device in my set ups and I presume other folks, too. So, requesting colour palette, more knobs n' buttons, radio buttons, quicker assignment of controls, add Mute, Solo, Pan to the internal Mixer, lots more to request, I guess.

Merchandise? We see the team wearing it some time ago and still no Merchandise tab on the home page.. boohoo McHooey. Anyhow, It was good to see and the design kept minimal, nice :thumbup:

Thank You very much for this announcement. Much needed by Reason, I feel. Looks like great work has been and on the move. Look forward to using the new devices :clap:

dan_g

02 May 2024

will it be possible to drag & drop samples to vst devices from the new browser?

i recently opened a ticket regarding this problem because it did not work for amigo sampler. then i learned that this was not supported for ANY vst at all. so i really hope it will be possible in this release.

BR,
Daniel
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

ReasonUser

02 May 2024

Woohoo! Congratulations Propellerheads! Announced on my birthday no less!! :clap: :D :clap:

steff3

02 May 2024

guitfnky wrote:
02 May 2024
auto punch? markers? track folders? dear god please say yes.
Yes, track folders would be great!

Also in block mode control which tracks are visible per block - which would be usable anyways, and especially for pattern track of (player and other) sequencers.

Mich01

02 May 2024

Good News Mattias, Looks promising!

Congrats!
Michel

Loque

02 May 2024

Oh. That comes surprising.

I had a quick read to the announcement. First thing that catch my Attention is, that Ripley has more Mod Matrix slots than most of RS synths...And Polytone has no Mod Matrix slot. I highly appreciate the morphing thing in Polytone and i hope, it is good.
polytone.jpg
polytone.jpg (137.78 KiB) Viewed 699 times
ripley.jpg
ripley.jpg (91.54 KiB) Viewed 699 times

Regarding sequencer, I am curious, if it is now possible to have a sample visible and change notes in a midi clip and have the view aligned to each other.
sequencer.jpg
sequencer.jpg (96.35 KiB) Viewed 699 times

I highly welcome the tags. But i am not convinced, that having the browser in a floating window is a good idea...And separated from the devices...well, we will see how it feels and if it improves working. I am a bit skeptical.
tags.jpg
tags.jpg (27.39 KiB) Viewed 699 times
Reason12, Win10

selig
RE Developer

02 May 2024

steff3 wrote:
02 May 2024
what is the difference between the Stereo Tool and the master imaging tool (I am bad with names ;) - hope it is clear which one I am referring to)we have? Seems like the existing one has more options for width of bass frequencies (this is all over my tracks)- ist the phase behavior of the new one cleaner that that of the imaging fx?
The existing Stereo Imager has perfect phase response with its crossover. You can’t improve on ‘perfect’…
The new device isn’t a crossover, so you can’t compare them.
Selig Audio, LLC

jjpscott01

02 May 2024

This is exactly the kind of update I was hoping for RS! Thank you thank you for putting focus back on the DAW itself. I can't wait to upgrade and check out the new features
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 5 | CUBASE 13 | SSL2+ | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

HeavyBeats

02 May 2024

Is with the new browser drag an drop from audio files to VST now possible in R13?

deigm

02 May 2024

guitfnky wrote:
02 May 2024
auto punch? markers? track folders? dear god please say yes.
If R13 is all about workflow then fingers crossed this is just the beginning and those features are still to come.

Everything shared so far looks great, but the features you mention are the sort of thing we're really talking about when we ask for workflow improvements, rather than workflow improving rack extensions like Auto Sidechain..

Don't get me wrong though, smart browser and sequencer tweaks are very, very welcome, and if they set the tone for what else will come in the R13 cycle then I'm excited.

tewoc

02 May 2024

TRACK FOLDERS, pleaaaaaaaaseee!

dan_g

02 May 2024

HeavyBeats wrote:
02 May 2024
Is with the new browser drag an drop from audio files to VST now possible in R13?
i m really hoping for this to be possible!!!
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

jaeproduced

02 May 2024

Will Reason 13 have Auto-Save, more mixer send effects slots, the ability to normalize all mixer channels at once, a more intuitive channel mixer EQ like fab filter or the option to save Rack Extension on an external hard drive.

ambi

02 May 2024

Can't wait to add Ripley to my Nostromo.

LmstPv

02 May 2024

Looks great Mattias! Good luck implementing all the extra feature requests you'll get here by June 18th :D

Spasy

02 May 2024

Mataya wrote:
02 May 2024
Congratulations! Still no midi out from VST. :cry: :cry:

M
Yes! Still waiting for Multi-timbral support (for us Kontakt users) & autosave.. :(

dusan.cani

02 May 2024

"the browser has been redesigned as a floating window that you open when you need it and resize as you see fit. The previous browser area is now a dedicated Device Palette that takes up less space and is focused solely on devices. " =>

Oh no, this is very bad decision and it's AGAINST fast workflow. This integrated non-floated sidebar type browser was designed a long time ago as enhancement to workflow and now it's reverted back to floating window as it was in the Reason 4.0 era ?

The only major flaw of this integrated browser was auto defocus, which would be very easy to fix:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7510597

So now we lost the fast preset browsing + drag and drop functionality and instead we have to open floating window every time as it was in the historic Reason versions ?

browser.JPG
browser.JPG (274.38 KiB) Viewed 590 times
Last edited by dusan.cani on 02 May 2024, edited 3 times in total.

dusan.cani

02 May 2024

HeavyBeats wrote:
02 May 2024
It seems that drag and drop functionality is now lost, as browser acts as floating window :cry: ...and it's called enhancement of your workflow.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

02 May 2024

dusan.cani wrote:
02 May 2024
HeavyBeats wrote:
02 May 2024
It seems that drag and drop functionality is now lost, as browser acts as floating window :cry: ...and it's called enhancement of your workflow.
No, drag and drop functionality is not lost. You can drag and drop from the new browser and it also "folds away" while you drag outside of it.

We've only just announced, but hang tight for a more in-depth look and sign up to join the beta to test it. No need to jump to conclusions just yet :)

dusan.cani

02 May 2024

MattiasHG wrote:
02 May 2024
dusan.cani wrote:
02 May 2024

No, drag and drop functionality is not lost. You can drag and drop from the new browser and it also "folds away" while you drag outside of it.
Okay, but we lost permanently opened sidebar list of presets. So If I want to see the patches, browse and load them, then I have to every time open the floating window which would visually cover the devices behind it ? Is it possible to shrink the browser and make a custom position to "emulate" the size and placement of the previous integrated browser ?
Last edited by dusan.cani on 02 May 2024, edited 1 time in total.

Pepin

02 May 2024

Very nice! PolyTone looks like just the sort of modern VA that stock Reason could use. The Sidechain device looks great too.

A couple questions that come to mind...
- Does this floating browser let us create devices without touching the mouse?
- Can the editor panel automatically open/close based on the selected clip? I'm trying to imagine the workflow on a laptop or a setup with less than 3 monitors, where you'd already be splitting the view between the rack and sequencer for instance. It could feel cramped to also split the sequencer on top of that, unless there's some kind of automatic show/hide behavior.

• Information