Device remote annoying thing...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Marc64

19 May 2024

If I have like Complex and subtractor in the rack both with the filter freq on knob 1 and wants to change the filter freq on any of them I can't just click on the device to change, I have to click on the litte light blue thing at the top left for the remote to be active for that device, annoying as H*ll. It works when switching between devices in the sequencer so why not just by click on a device.

Or is there something i'm missing for this to work like I want?

jam-s

19 May 2024

That's very much intentional, as you likely do not want your note input focus to change while dialing in some settings on an effect patch later in the audio chain.

djsmex

21 May 2024

As I understand it, Remote via codec and the sequencer uses either the current track in focus or is locked to a single device for each enabled controller. The blue indicators in the rack are for Remote over ride, which over rides the above by assigning a single MIDI control to a single Remote item on a single device. Remote over rides are specific to each reason document where as Remote codecs work across all Reason documents.
Other DAWs work differently and there are pro's and con's for them all.
:rebirth: :recycle: :reason: :re: :refill: :refillpacker:
youtube @johnsexton8082
www.reasonremoter.co.uk

electrofux

21 May 2024

It is like this: Reason only dynamically connect your controller to the devices via a sequencertrack. And that blue button when clicked on sets focus to that devices sequencertrack or creates one if it doesnt exist. The other way is to reight click the device and lock one of your controllers to that device.

Now when you want to work in the rack with your controller both methods are not ideal. Locking is cumbersome and the bluebutton creates so many sequencertracks eg when working in a big combinator so that you whole arrangment gets cluttered quickly. There is no easy solution to this and the blue button was a way to adress the issue when working extensively in the rack with a controller.

I for one would love to have one controller reserved for "selected device" operation. Or a way to lock und unlock the controller to the selected device via remote.

• Information