Anyone else kinda wish we didn't get VST support?

Discuss VST stuff here!
AttenuationHz

30 Jul 2017

moneykube wrote:
30 Jul 2017
and still computer too slow for 3 tracks ? wow... fix please
Commit to track!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

moneykube

31 Jul 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
30 Jul 2017
moneykube wrote:
30 Jul 2017
and still computer too slow for 3 tracks ? wow... fix please
Commit to track!
yes,,, had to do this,,, yet never had a message saying a few tracks had maxed my computer... not until this update... mainly rack extentions used... perhaps too many in a row... it died when adding a proton instrument to the mix
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

sublunar

31 Jul 2017

Never had a use for VSTs before and still don't. I'm on Reason v8.3.

I'll upgrade at v10. Not missing a thing at the moment.

davidvilla

31 Jul 2017

There is an immediate, noticeable jump in sonic quality of my Reason tracks just by replacing those shitty Reason pianos with Pianoteq Standard. And then when you switch out that dinky Thor bass with a hi-fi, thick, juicy, meaty, 3D Sylenth bass - holy f*ck. Top that off by replacing all my 'background' synths with Omnisphere and jesus christ hallelujah.

I can't believe how much time I've spent in Reason (since V2) polishing turds.

HASTA LA VISTA, TURDS.

avasopht
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2017

:reason:
Last edited by avasopht on 31 Jul 2017, edited 1 time in total.

madmacman

31 Jul 2017

davidvilla wrote:
31 Jul 2017
(lots of mindless stuff)
I clicked on the blog link of your signature. The first think I must read was something like "the best DAW on the planet: LOGIC PRO X"

So why you are still here now and use that "crappy" Reason? Masochism? Or more likely narcissism?

EDIT: Oh, and before I forget: *plonk*

AttenuationHz

31 Jul 2017

madmacman wrote:
31 Jul 2017
davidvilla wrote:
31 Jul 2017
(lots of mindless stuff)
I clicked on the blog link of your signature. The first think I must read was something like "the best DAW on the planet: LOGIC PRO X"

So why you are still here now and use that "crappy" Reason? Masochism? Or more likely narcissism?
Oh that is eye opening hilarious!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

davidvilla

31 Jul 2017

Pffff....I can use Reason while still thinking Logic is the better app. I also use Pro Tools, and Logic is better than that too.

They'll never remove VST support now.

And REs are clearly dead so...live with it.

AttenuationHz

31 Jul 2017

davidvilla wrote:
31 Jul 2017
Pffff....I can use Reason while still thinking Logic is the better app. I also use Pro Tools, and Logic is better than that too.

They'll never remove VST support now.

And REs are clearly dead so...live with it.
What?? That's polemic. In your opinion that might be the case but I would completely disagree. I had to adjust to using VST's alongside RE and still am adjusting to it. There is a lot of things RE do that VST's just can't and vice versa. To say RE are dead is ridiculous to be honest. They are very much alive and if you're just using VST's then you're not using reason to it's full potential.

davidvilla

31 Jul 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
31 Jul 2017
They are very much alive and if you're just using VST's then you're not using reason to it's full potential.
You could also say that if you have R9.5 and you DON'T use VSTs, that you aren't using Reason to it's fullest potential.

But in response, I say to you, WHO CARES? This all comes down to making music, and just because you like to mess with cables and REs and I don't, it doesn't mean your music is "better" than mine (and vice versa).

And yeah, the RE forum is on fire with activity, and the onslaught of rack extensions released since R9.5 is truly overwhelming. ;)

It's a VST world, boys.

Kenni
Site Admin

31 Jul 2017

davidvilla wrote:
AttenuationHz wrote:
31 Jul 2017
They are very much alive and if you're just using VST's then you're not using reason to it's full potential.
You could also say that if you have R9.5 and you DON'T use VSTs, that you aren't using Reason to it's fullest potential.

But in response, I say to you, WHO CARES? This all comes down to making music, and just because you like to mess with cables and REs and I don't, it doesn't mean your music is "better" than mine (and vice versa).

And yeah, the RE forum is on fire with activity, and the onslaught of rack extensions released since R9.5 is truly overwhelming. ;)

It's a VST world, boys.
That, or the fact that most people are on vacation right now.

Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

davidvilla

31 Jul 2017

That's a loooong vacation considering r9.5 was released in MAY.

Kenni
Site Admin

31 Jul 2017

Stats don't lie.

Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

davidvilla

31 Jul 2017

Correct, they don't.

Number of REs released since May 29th - aka over TWO MONTHS: 4?

Please do correct me if I am wrong, thanks.

avasopht
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2017

davidvilla wrote:
31 Jul 2017
I really don't think anyone has a problem with people having different preferences.

What I think is being responded to are the snarky comments against Reason. It's really just unnecessary and unproductive. The only purpose of such communication is to initiate conflict, for reasons I cannot understand.

I can comfortably say that the VSTs I can purchase for $1000 sound much better than the REs I could buy for that amount without erupting any type of argument.

It's all a matter of how we are choosing to engage with others and a community of people.

davidvilla

31 Jul 2017

Well, it's not my fault that some people are overly sensitive about their beloved SOFTWARE.

avasopht
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2017

davidvilla wrote:
31 Jul 2017
Well, it's not my fault that some people are overly sensitive about their beloved SOFTWARE.
Like I said, I could comfortably state that the selection of VSTs provide superior sonic possibilities without causing an argument, as opposed to speaking from a position of superiority and in competition with Reason.

It's not just that people are overly sensitive, but that they are responding to your digs at their software. There is a fundamental difference and it's entirely up to you whether you take responsibility for the way you have chosen to engage with the subject and the people.

I don't think I could be any clearer with what I'm saying.

AttenuationHz

31 Jul 2017

davidvilla wrote:
31 Jul 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
31 Jul 2017

It's a VST world, boys.
At the same merit who gives a shit that you think Logic is better than Reason or ProTools or both? Why would you want to promote that opinion though?
Ah yes that's right it's controversial. Just for the record where in this thread have I said that I like to mess with cables and RE's?

I like having VST support and will continue to support RE if that's okay with you. When I want to start a DAW war I'll let you know!

davidvilla

31 Jul 2017

Ok so let me make this clear then - all members of this board are supposed to think Reason is the best DAW of all time and that no other DAWS are even close to bettering it. Also, you can't say things like 'THOR is shit compared to 'insert vst here" cuz now you're causing trouble.

And anyone here cannot whatsoever EVER speak the blunt truth because....IT HURTS SOME PEOPLE.

GOD, this is why the old props forum sucked. Too many people getting their "feelings" hurt.

By the way, it's not just THEIR software, it's MINE too. Been using it since version 2. I can say what I want, within the rules of the forum.

But on my stupid blog I can say whatever the hell I want.

Freedom is soooooo sweet.

AttenuationHz

31 Jul 2017

davidvilla wrote:
31 Jul 2017
Ok so let me make this clear then - all members of this board are supposed to think Reason is the best DAW of all time and that no other DAWS are even close to bettering it. Also, you can't say things like 'THOR is shit compared to 'insert vst here" cuz now you're causing trouble.

And anyone here cannot whatsoever EVER speak the blunt truth because....IT HURTS SOME PEOPLE.

GOD, this is why the old props forum sucked. Too many people getting their "feelings" hurt.

By the way, it's not just THEIR software, it's MINE too. Been using it since version 2. I can say what I want, within the rules of the forum.

Wow you passionate about that argument. At least we know where you stand! But you're arguing with yourself there well done.

davidvilla

31 Jul 2017

Lol why don't you just keep reading my blog. I have 3 new posts today. :puf_bigsmile:

avasopht
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2017

davidvilla wrote:
31 Jul 2017
Ok so let me make this clear then - all members of this board are supposed to think Reason is the best DAW of all time and that no other DAWS are even close to bettering it.
No. Nobody is said anything like that. Ever.
davidvilla wrote:
31 Jul 2017
Also, you can't say things like 'THOR is shit compared to 'insert vst here" cuz now you're causing trouble.
Well you are free to. But why would you want to start that type of conversation? Where do you expect it to go? For example you have:

Possibility 1
You: "Thor is shit compared to Massive."
Other: "Okay."

Possibility 2
Other: "I agree."

Possibility 3

davidvilla wrote:
31 Jul 2017
No. Not that.

It's just, ... UNPRODUCTIVE and anti-social. Are you here to start arguments or engage productively with others? What are you seeking to achieve here on the forum?
davidvilla wrote:
31 Jul 2017

We can say whatever the hell we want wherever the hell we go.

We can start unproductive arguments, we can kick up a fuss and a storm, we can figuratively hurl shit all over the sidewalk and all other manners of peurile behaviours.

Or we can engage in productive discussions.

Anyway, .. I checked out your music :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: solid stuff!

davidvilla

31 Jul 2017

Ok but, still:

Me: "Thor is shit compared to Massive."
The overly-sensitive people on this board: ""You have offended my family and you have offended the Shaolin Temple."

joeyluck

31 Jul 2017

davidvilla wrote:
31 Jul 2017

I never really got on with Thor. I've said before it's not my favorite. And supposedly I'm a huge fan boy from what I've been told. But I guess since I don't go overboard with insults, my criticisms and opinions get overlooked by those who would throw around such names. Nobody ever called me out for trying to cause trouble for not liking Thor. I got responses of, "That's interesting, it's a really powerful synth. What don't you like about it?"

What I'm seeing here:
I see people here that use REs chiming in to respond to someone constantly saying the format is no good and making claims that it is dead. When it is not. Those others state their opinions based on their experience. And then you seem to get defensive of their opinions for defending the format... And then go on to say that people easily get their feelings hurt. While you can't seem to walk away either... You're pretty invested in your opinion as well it seems.

I have REs that can't be replaced by VSTs. And I have some new VSTs that do some cool things in different ways. My job hasn't changed. I still get it done using mostly REs. I didn't use any VSTs for the show I just finished. I am happy to have some VSTs. And like any new piece of software, they inspire me to do different things in different ways. But at the end of the day, it's all about what gets the job done; RE or VST.

AttenuationHz

31 Jul 2017

davidvilla wrote:
31 Jul 2017
Lol why don't you just keep reading my blog. I have 3 new posts today. :puf_bigsmile:
No thanks you're Okay I think I'm fine not reading it. Have never read and definitely don't plan on reading it now. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

• Information