kilohearts kHs ONE free

Discuss VST stuff here!
tumar

24 Oct 2020

Hello,
I don't know if it was here on forum. Kilohearts is giving up on One synth so it's free now.
1. Go to the page:
https://kilohearts.com/products/one
2. Buy, go to checkout and choose "I have a discount coupon"
3. Use code APGONE

Rising Night Wave

24 Oct 2020

Huh! Thank you for this. Really appreciate it. Thanks.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

tumar

24 Oct 2020

Glad to help ;)

BRIGGS

24 Oct 2020

:think: Did you guys not pick up the RE, when it was 9 bucks?
r11s

Aosta

25 Oct 2020

Well I just had a weird experience :?
Out of curiosity I went to see how much it was in the shop (19.99 monetery units) but also noticed I could download a trial which I thought was a bit odd seeing as I trialed it when it was released. Went to checkout and all good, downloaded it, installed it, updated licences, logged in to use reason and opened a saved song I made with it ages ago and got a missing RE notice. The RE is nowhere to be seen but is still in my authorizer.
Guessing it is some kind of shop glitch because the RE was updated to V1.1 or something?
Had my hopes up to listen to a few tracks I made with it a long time ago but thinking back I don't think they are 19.99 listenable...if however the RE goes freebie too then I'm all in :D
Tend the flame

tumar

25 Oct 2020

BRIGGS wrote:
24 Oct 2020
:think: Did you guys not pick up the RE, when it was 9 bucks?
No. Frankly saying, I have no use for kHs One, even if it's free. There is nothing special about it, I have so many other synths ;)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2020

Think I bought the RE for €15. Never used it. There’s something about Khs stuff I just don’t like. Same with Rob Papen GUIs.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2020

If you don’t want it free you can buy it on JRRShop for $7.50 hahahahahaha
https://www.jrrshop.com/kilohearts-khs-one
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DougalDarkly

25 Oct 2020

MrFigg wrote:
25 Oct 2020
There’s something about Khs stuff I just don’t like.
I agree they don't look great, but they are usable - their transient shaper is just fantastic btw.

Loque

25 Oct 2020

DougalDarkly wrote:
25 Oct 2020
MrFigg wrote:
25 Oct 2020
There’s something about Khs stuff I just don’t like.
I agree they don't look great, but they are usable - their transient shaper is just fantastic btw.
:?

They are providing currently nearly the best stuff, fast easy to work with and always good results. Some things might look simple, but they are very powerfull. Do not let fool you by shiny or simple GUIs.
Reason12, Win10

madmacman

25 Oct 2020

Loque wrote:
25 Oct 2020
They are providing currently nearly the best stuff, fast easy to work with and always good results. Some things might look simple, but they are very powerfull. Do not let fool you by shiny or simple GUIs.
But the RE versions don‘t get any love anymore. I was considering buying the Pitch shifter RE for quick & dirty use when I realized that the VST counterpart is more feature rich with more options. Entire „Correlate“ mode is missing. And this seems also be the case with other RE‘s. :(

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2020

Loque wrote:
25 Oct 2020
DougalDarkly wrote:
25 Oct 2020

I’m sure they are good. There’s just something about them which puts me off. I don’t know what it is really. It’s not the GUIs.
With Rob Papen stuff however the GUIs make me want to cry. And not in a good way.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DougalDarkly

25 Oct 2020

madmacman wrote:
25 Oct 2020
But the RE versions don‘t get any love anymore.
But what they do have is pretty comprehensive cv control on all the back panels - it's for this reason I've gone with a couple of their REs rather than VST.

Loque

25 Oct 2020

madmacman wrote:
25 Oct 2020
Loque wrote:
25 Oct 2020
But the RE versions don‘t get any love anymore. I was considering buying the Pitch shifter RE for quick & dirty use when I realized that the VST counterpart is more feature rich with more options. Entire „Correlate“ mode is missing. And this seems also be the case with other RE‘s. :(
Agree. Thats sad. I was hopeing for the Ensamble or Flanger to get into the rack. Really sad... Maybe they have some problems with the selling and crossgrade options, rather than technical VST->RE stuff.
Reason12, Win10

Loque

25 Oct 2020

MrFigg wrote:
25 Oct 2020
Loque wrote:
25 Oct 2020

I’m sure they are good. There’s just something about them which puts me off. I don’t know what it is really. It’s not the GUIs.
With Rob Papen stuff however the GUIs make me want to cry. And not in a good way.
The problem i have with Rob Papen stuff atm is, that everytime i touch any device of them, i find a bug. And the last bug i have reported is still not fixed. So i dont touch them and dont upgrade anymore. Sad, since they made some cool stuff.

Curious what your "problem" is with the khs stuff...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2020

Loque wrote:
25 Oct 2020

Curious what your "problem" is with the khs stuff...
Me too. If you find out can you let me know. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MattLeschuck

26 Oct 2020

KHS plug in stuff is probably my favorite right now and actually has got me inspired again to make music. The main reason being the work flow and how quick it is to get creative results (especially when using the snap-ins in Multipass and or Snap Heap). Ive always preferred simple, straight forward GUI's and really appreciate KHS's. They almost all sound great too. The transient shaper is a real standout.

That said, I just haven't clicked with KHS One. It just sounds too much like other synths i have (subtractor being one) and the presets aren't great. I may need to spend some more time with it.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

26 Oct 2020

There are some good lead sounds in some banks, and a few bases. I'm sure pad sounds will be ok too if you put a proper chorus on it.

The drive unit is not bad either, but like many others I never gelled with it. Maybe because it is so ugly. But it also doesn't give you anything special above free VSTs.

kHs really should let users skin their plugins, not just hack the color.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

moneykube

26 Oct 2020

have the re... had wanted the VST... and now I have it and some updates I missed on other plugs... thanks
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

dvdrtldg

27 Oct 2020

I quite like One but if you're in Reason, I don't know why you wouldn't just reach for Subtractor every time instead

• Information