Anyone got an old iDrum license laying around?

Discuss VST stuff here!
platzangst

10 Dec 2022

I recently found a batch of old Reaper projects I hadn't touched in ages, and come to find out a number of them have instances of Izotope's iDrum - which of course don't load, as they were from a couple computers and OS changes back. Somewhere over the years, I seem to have lost my original license for iDrum - can't find any record of it for the life of me. It may have been tied to some long-forgotten email account from a defunct provider.

Anyhow, I can get a legacy installer for iDrum from Izotope's website, but they don't sell licenses anymore, so that leaves me with two options, one risky and the other difficult. The latter being buying a license from some other person.

Doing some casual searches doesn't reveal a whole lot of viable places. I'm posting here in the hopes that just maybe someone has a license they'd be willing to part with, or failing that, perhaps some advice on a good spot to find people who sell these licenses.

joeyluck

10 Dec 2022

Have you contacted iZotope support yet? They might be able to help you track it down and get it working.

platzangst

11 Dec 2022

joeyluck wrote:
10 Dec 2022
Have you contacted iZotope support yet? They might be able to help you track it down and get it working.
That was my first step - no luck. The problem is that about the time I would have had the license I was also doing a lot more to avoid getting put on spam databases, which included using a lot of the aforementioned email providers with account names and fake data I don't even remember. Even my primary personal email provider which I still use to this day underwent its own name change between then and now. So if I say to Izotope, "uh, so, it'd be an account made around the time you were having a sale on iDrum, and that's the only plugin on the account, that's all I can tell you for sure", I don't expect a whole lot of results...

I mean, it's not THAT big of an emergency - I'm not even sure if I'd have the same banks of samples I'd have been using at the time. If it comes to it I could always drop some other drums in these projects with some other plugin, or resort to forbidden knowledge, but it would be nice to resurrect the thing properly.

joeyluck

11 Dec 2022

Gotcha. Well I have found their support to be very helpful, so figured they might be able to help even if they can't find it. But aside from email, if you bought it from them, they would probably have payment info, unless you had bought it with a gift card or something.

• Information