Baby Audio BA-1

Discuss VST stuff here!
platzangst

26 Apr 2023

https://babyaud.io/ba-1

I rather like the idea of modeling low batteries and the audio faults and distortions that go along with that.

Steedus
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2023

Sounds good 👍

I take it this is based on the same or similar synth that the ES-01 is by Ekss? I really like the random feature. I’m more of a patch and tweak guy, than a programmer so getting a random starting point sounds great.

platzangst

26 Apr 2023

Steedus wrote:
26 Apr 2023
Sounds good 👍

I take it this is based on the same or similar synth that the ES-01 is by Ekss? I really like the random feature. I’m more of a patch and tweak guy, than a programmer so getting a random starting point sounds great.
That would be the Yamaha CS01:

https://www.vintagesynth.com/yamaha/cs1.php

danc

27 Apr 2023

Another perspective - rated 5 out of 10:

Check my Soundcloud:

Loque

27 Apr 2023

danc wrote:
27 Apr 2023
I more or less agree. The synth is ok, but nothing special. It can sound good, but many synths sound good. ANd my first thought was the same, like "yea, digital, weak, nothing special". I am wondering why quite a lot of ppl rave about it. I wouldnt pay 50 bucks for it and especially not the full price which is 100 bucks, lol, no...

OTOH, in the mix i dont hear too much difference and you probably would tame the bass of the other synths to get a good mix.

But the TAL sounds pretty good.
Reason12, Win10

Steedus
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2023

I admire people who can hear something and immediately tell something's off, but until he A/B'd I couldn't hear anything "wrong" with it.. But it definitely sounds different.

And even still, to my damaged, untuned ears the TAL sounded a bit muddy compared with the BA-1 which I would've described as sounding a bit cleaner. But sure, the TAL sounded beefier for bass no doubt. But like he said, the patches are good, so for me that's a plus. If I wasn't in the middle of buying a home I'd pick it up. Looks fun.

I'd like to hear how it stacks up against the ES-01 now. I haven't tried it, but as I've found with some of his other synths, Ekss is kinda lacking on the patches sometimes.

Loque

27 Apr 2023

Steedus wrote:
27 Apr 2023
...Ekss is kinda lacking on the patches sometimes.
I dont have everything from him, but cannot agree to you. I think he made some good patches for his synths :thumbup:
Reason12, Win10

• Information