BLEASS

Discuss VST stuff here!
huggermugger

05 May 2024

My new favourite arpeggiator. It's incredibly deep, and capable of very intricate patterns. Unfortunately, doesn't play nice with Reason (thanks Props!) but it works like a dream in Logic.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 8.34.11 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 8.34.11 PM.png (349.91 KiB) Viewed 486 times

DaveyG

06 May 2024

Yeah, I've been playing with it for a few weeks now. Calling it an arpeggiator is somewhat of an understatement.
I think I now understand it pretty well but sometimes I choose a preset at random and think "wow, how is it making those sounds?"

And, yeah, shame Reason still doesn't support VST MIDI out. Maybe they'll fix that during the R13 cycle. Or maybe not. :|

luckygreen

08 May 2024

DaveyG wrote:
06 May 2024
... And, yeah, shame Reason still doesn't support VST MIDI out. Maybe they'll fix that during the R13 cycle. Or maybe not. :|
My guess is, that they don't want to threaten the sales of their player devices. So they made VST MIDI out impossible.

Haven't tried it myself yet, but isn't it possible to use VST-plugins that can host other VST-plugins like DDMF Metaplugin or Blue Cat Audio PatchWork inside of Reason? The only restriction then is that you can't route the MIDI from the MIDI-generating VSTs to Reason's own devices. But you can route MIDI from MIDI-generating VSTs to other VSTs. Am I right?
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

steff3

08 May 2024

One might try Nembrini Audio's Nexus as well ... on Mac that also allows to use some of the AUv3 plugins .... You can use the MIDI AU/VST and an instrument inside of Nexus and then use MIDI drag&drop to then use it with whatever RE ...

For me it works with quite a variety of MIDI-AUs/VSTs ...... does not work with everything (e.g. Neon-AU)

Hope that helps

avasopht
Competition Winner

10 May 2024

luckygreen wrote:
08 May 2024
DaveyG wrote:
06 May 2024
... And, yeah, shame Reason still doesn't support VST MIDI out. Maybe they'll fix that during the R13 cycle. Or maybe not. :|
My guess is, that they don't want to threaten the sales of their player devices. So they made VST MIDI out impossible.
Players serve a particular need. Just like REs.

Unless this is a feature that can be knocked out in a day, the reason it's not been done is because they chose any one of the dozens of needed features over it.

Imagine if Reason 12 never had support for Apple silicon or high-resolution graphics. And no Combinator 2. But it had VST MIDI out?

That's the reality of production. Every new feature comes at the expense of another.

• Information