Orchestral Template in 9.5

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
darkmode

29 May 2017

Hi,
I would like to create an orchestral template using instances of Konatkt. In Cubase, I have just under 200 Kontakts set up with different instruments loaded in my template. Cubase alows you to disable them so that, when starting up, you don't have to wait for all the instances of Kontakt to load. Once open you can then choose which Kontakts you wish to enable also saving DSP.
The only thing I could think of this morning was to try engaing the mutes in the sequencer and mixer but as expected, this does not work. I've also had an, albeit, quick read of the new manual. At the moment I can't see any answer although, if it is possible, it's probably been staring me in the face and I'm being a typical bloke missing it ;)

I know 9.5 has only just dropped but has anyone in beta found out if there is a way to disable VSTs in this manner?

This is definately not a deal breaker for me but it would be very handy. Anyway, it's just so great to be back in Reason again!!!!

Thanks in advance and if I do find a way, I'll post as soon as.

Cheers.

Wickline

29 May 2017

I "believe" the power button on the VST device in the rack does this. Could be wrong. Haven't fully tested it out.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

darkmode

29 May 2017

Wickline wrote:I "believe" the power button on the VST device in the rack does this. Could be wrong. Haven't fully tested it out.
Thank you.

Typical, I didn't notice the power button :oops: It doesn't stop the loading on startup but hopefully should help with DSP.

Thanks mate!

• Information