Ott - Combinator 2 effect patch

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
Toxz
Competition Winner

10 Oct 2023

Ott - Combinator 2 effect patch

The perfect rack device wrapper for the free Xfer OTT VST. From the creators of Serum is this free aggressive multiband upwards/downwards compressor. Be sure to have it installed to use this Combinator.
Definitely a must have in your effect arsenal.

https://loopdepot.com/free-patches-and- ... for-reason

crimsonwarlock

11 Oct 2023

Nice one. But the knob labels are missing in the center section, so its unclear what does what.

Quarmat did an OTT combinator earlier viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7524932
-------
Reached the breaking-point. CrimsonWarlock has left the forum.

Toxz
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2023

The idea was to transform the UI of the plugin to the Combinator so I decided to not label them as in OTT there are no labels aswell.
But yeah you're right. You need to take a look into the Plugin to understand whats going on.

crimsonwarlock

11 Oct 2023

Toxz wrote:
11 Oct 2023
But yeah you're right. You need to take a look into the Plugin to understand whats going on.
That does defeat the use of a combinator tmo. I'm putting VSTs into combinators to make them easier to use inside Reason. Otherwise I can just load the VST and be done with it.
-------
Reached the breaking-point. CrimsonWarlock has left the forum.

Toxz
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2023

Ok - you don't have to use it. I just explain the decision.
But I'll take a look. Maybe I add a label later.

selig
RE Developer

11 Oct 2023

I’ve never worked with the original OTT or the free VST, but have my own Up/Down compressor built in Reaktor years ago (before there was an OTT, FWIW). So I have a pre-conceived idea of what it should look like, obviously.

Because of that, I’m bugged by the upwards bypass being above the downwards bypass, as downwards compression happens ABOVE the threshold and upwards happens BELOW the threshold (so I expect them to be reversed). Otherwise it looks great, it’s just a case of the OTT triggering my OCD!!! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Toxz
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2023

Thanks for the feedback and the explanation. I'll consider switching the bypass buttons on that.

Toxz
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2023

I've made an update considering your input. Thanks.
The screenshot in the first post is the updated version.

selig
RE Developer

11 Oct 2023

Toxz wrote:
11 Oct 2023
I've made an update considering your input. Thanks.
The screenshot in the first post is the updated version.
Whew, I can relax now. ;)
I like how you’ve stuck with the original color theme with this Combinator, nice work!
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information