Chord SQ from Retouch

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 May 2024

challism wrote:
05 May 2022
MrFigg wrote:
05 May 2022
I think I have every single Retouch Control RE except this one. I never use any of them. I’m going to get this one all the same. Hahah.
I really like ChordSQ and its sister player, Phrase.
NoteRepeat is also a great one.
Quoting myself here from a good long time ago and the situation is still the same. Is this worth getting in light of the RS chord sequencer (which I have)?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

22 May 2024

MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2024
challism wrote:
05 May 2022

I really like ChordSQ and its sister player, Phrase.
NoteRepeat is also a great one.
Quoting myself here from a good long time ago and the situation is still the same. Is this worth getting in light of the RS chord sequencer (which I have)?
My comment didn't age very well.

I don't really use ChordSQ much anymore. I don't really like how complicated it is to use. The UI is overly complicated and it feels like you just have to click too many things. It's just not much fun for me to use and I feel that it negatively affects my creative flow. Sadly, I feel the same way about Phrase, although I do use that more than SQ. Sometimes I drop an instance at the bottom of a long chain of players and start randomizing to see what happens. It's pretty cool. But as far as using it to design a phrase from scratch, I rarely use it that way.

RS Chord Seq is so much easier/user friendly.

The part of my comment that did age well: NoteRepeat has been getting TONS of use in my rack since I bought it. It's easily my favorite player by Retouch. It's great. I wish they would give it an update. Like more CV ins/outs to control it. I've built some pretty sweet Combis as a workaround, though. And those Combis with NoteRepeat are in many of my Reason Templates. It's a great player.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information