Predator-RE Update out now!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Majestik Monkey

02 Apr 2017

@MDTerps

I have tried the Unison options ! at no point I have I heard Pops or clicks at Sample start / JoMal GlaGladiator & many other
rather Cpu heavy presets , So I don't think its any kind of Internal problem !
& If I do come across this , I will contact RP Team ;)

deepndark

02 Apr 2017

Wow, cool one, this synth has a nice sound and so many nice presets. And now it is offering even more, thank you.

riemac

02 Apr 2017

MDTerps2015 wrote:
riemac wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:Got a question. Anyone in here upgrade yet because I did and most of the sounds in the fx Unison 4 and 6 have a clicking or popping at sample begin. I turned up the attack to see if I could get rid of it but to no avail. Any answers????? I also noticed that a lot of the patches were hot. The patching particular I was using with the popping was Jo Mal Gladiator.
Yes, I have the same problem, that with patches which use unison there is a popping and crackling noise. At first I thought this is an internal clipping in Predator, but lowering the oscillator volumen or the global volume doesn't seem to help. Now I think it has something to do with a dsp latency inside of Predator.

We all should write Rob Papen support an email about this problem.
You know I'm starting to think its the patches. I know for sure gladiator is one of them. I went back and deleted Predator and then re-installed. Everything sounds good but the few that do that popping and clicking.
You are right, the unison is not the problem. It happens only with a few patches. With the gladiator patch I think the reason is the chord strum. I think after all no big problem.

MDTerps2015

02 Apr 2017

Majestik Monkey wrote:@MDTerps

I have tried the Unison options ! at no point I have I heard Pops or clicks at Sample start / JoMal GlaGladiator & many other
You know I deleted and downloaded again and I tried a ton of the "NEW" patches and after deleting and downloading 2 times, I don't get it anymore. I was playing around with gladiator (which was the patch that had the most pop and click) and its not there. I was still playing around with the patches when I came back in to type this up. Gladiator has less than one mark in DSP hit. Im not worried about the DSP. I think it may have been in the downloading. Like I said Im not getting any clicking or popping right now but still some very hot patches.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

scratchnsnifff

02 Apr 2017

MDTerps2015 wrote:

You know I deleted and downloaded again and I tried a ton of the "NEW" patches and after deleting and downloading 2 times, I don't get it anymore. I was playing around with gladiator (which was the patch that had the most pop and click) and its not there. I was still playing around with the patches when I came back in to type this up. Gladiator has less than one mark in DSP hit. Im not worried about the DSP. I think it may have been in the downloading. Like I said Im not getting any clicking or popping right now but still some very hot patches.
Is there a folder of all the new patches, I know there's a new tonal axis and Jamal patch bank but I wish there was a folder that said 2.0 update library or something like that
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

MDTerps2015

02 Apr 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:

Is there a folder of all the new patches, I know there's a new tonal axis and Jamal patch bank but I wish there was a folder that said 2.0 update library or something like that
You know, I never looked. What would you do if there is one. Just curious.

scratchnsnifff

02 Apr 2017

MDTerps2015 wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:

haha there are so many patches i have no way of seeing which one are new vs old :P i love predator and would be so happy if it was made easy to see which ones are new :D
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

joeyluck

02 Apr 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:

haha there are so many patches i have no way of seeing which one are new vs old :P i love predator and would be so happy if it was made easy to see which ones are new :D
Rob Papen shared a some screenshots :puf_smile:

https://www.robpapen.com/download/2017_ ... ew_IMG.zip

MDTerps2015

02 Apr 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:

If you start at i think 29 in the patch bank, thats the new stuff. Ive had this synth from day one and use it quite a bit. I think 20 in the patch bank was the last patches used before the update. I have never seen any of those patches labelled by name like the new ones are. Anymore questions feel free to ask.

RPSupport

04 Apr 2017

riemac wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:
riemac wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:Got a question. Anyone in here upgrade yet because I did and most of the sounds in the fx Unison 4 and 6 have a clicking or popping at sample begin. I turned up the attack to see if I could get rid of it but to no avail. Any answers????? I also noticed that a lot of the patches were hot. The patching particular I was using with the popping was Jo Mal Gladiator.
Yes, I have the same problem, that with patches which use unison there is a popping and crackling noise. At first I thought this is an internal clipping in Predator, but lowering the oscillator volumen or the global volume doesn't seem to help. Now I think it has something to do with a dsp latency inside of Predator.

You know I'm starting to think its the patches. I know for sure gladiator is one of them. I went back and deleted Predator and then re-installed. Everything sounds good but the few that do that popping and clicking.
You are right, the unison is not the problem. It happens only with a few patches. With the gladiator patch I think the reason is the chord strum. I think after all no big problem.
Hi All,

There is no issue, it's very easy to get 'note stealing' with the older Unison modes. If you play too many notes you'll notice that notes get cut off which is what riemac was experiencing.

If you want Unison for when playing more notes then try using the new Unison modes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

MDTerps2015

04 Apr 2017

RPSupport wrote:
riemac wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:
riemac wrote:

Hi All,

There is no issue, it's very easy to get 'note stealing' with the older Unison modes. If you play too many notes you'll notice that notes get cut off which is what riemac was experiencing.

If you want Unison for when playing more notes then try using the new Unison modes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Thanks for the response. I got mines fixed by deleting and downloading again. The problem went away. I still say some of the patches are hotter than the Sahara Desert. Not complaining but fyi. Im happy with the synth just as it is and its one of my go too's.

decibel

05 Apr 2017

nice update ;) cheers, much appreciated

• Information