Best Beginner Europa Tutorial On YouTube

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
kuhliloach

02 Jul 2018

When I load Europa I am immediately confused. Maybe it's the pull down menus containing text items that make no sense to me but in most cases I have no idea what anything does or what sound I should expect before pressing a button or turning a dial. Could it be Europa was built as an 'answer' to Serum and was never meant to be friendly to new users? Thankfully, as someone who has never used Serum, I've made some cool sounds in Europa just through experimentation. My favorite feature so far is the Unison area. I could really use a much better understanding of why and when I should use "User Wave". Now that Europa has been out for a while and released as a VST I'm curious what beginner tutorials you all might think are the best of the best. Here's a new one I like:

EnochLight

03 Jul 2018

kuhliloach wrote:
02 Jul 2018
When I load Europa I am immediately confused.
Really? I find Europa to be one of the easiest wavetable synths out there to understand. In fact, its simplicity is its USP, IMHO. :o That said, cool review/tutorial. ADSR does great videos.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

tibah

03 Jul 2018

What I like about Europa is that by design it fits with Grain and Parsec 2, sharing some of the same elements and basic layout concepts. The trick with Europa is, that it's very easy to experiment with different wave-tables and the modifiers alone, along with starting to draw custom envelopes. My only tip would be to stay in one engine to not overwhelm yourself. Overall I also find it to be one of the easiest synth to use these days.

Regarding videos, the dedicated stream by PH covering Europa was rather great!

ravisoni

03 Jul 2018

I am as big a synth retard as they come, and I actually found Europa to just "flow". Probably the only synth that did not intimidate me at first look, though I may be a bit biased given I did a few synth challenges. Even then, I thought it was probably one of the easiest ones to pick up. The modules just flow...
Also on the tutorial, I feel there are better ones out there in case you want to dive further:

(of course props does it best)

(Adam Fielding)

(Hydlide)

(Speo)
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

manisnotabird

04 Jul 2018

Really wish Propellerheads would make more "Advanced Sound Design" videos for Europa and Grain. The videos they did in-house are absolutely among the best tutorial videos out there. Lots of other tutorial videos are pretty bad: too long, technically inaccurate, "turn this knob to this and this knob to that" with no explanation of *why* or *what's happening*, just rehashing the manual, etc.

• Information