[IDM/Experimental/Groove] Whirring Waves

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Chizmata

15 Jul 2023

Hey RT,

thought i'd share my newest track with you. it's rather minimalistic, yet electro-y and made with parsec, layers and rytmik. listening and thoughts are appreciated, especially if the bass volume is too low!

Jagwah

17 Jul 2023

The Whirring Waves track is cool I like that is has a serious and cool vibe, maybe minimal is not for me but I felt the lead (the whooshing pad sound) was a bit too much as it played nearly the whole time and I didn't get much break from it, it sounds nice, but a break would serve well even just one in the middle, just imo ;)

The Terminus track is has some nice sounds but to me they don't do enough, they get introduced and then leave and nothing very interesting happens. Maybe this is the idea with minimal music so I could be wrong, otherwise I think it is good to have a sense of story in your music. This video I link teaches it very well but maybe it is not for you and that's OK. Mixing sounded pretty good to me ;)

Chizmata

17 Jul 2023

Jagwah wrote:
17 Jul 2023
The Whirring Waves track is cool I like that is has a serious and cool vibe, maybe minimal is not for me but I felt the lead (the whooshing pad sound) was a bit too much as it played nearly the whole time and I didn't get much break from it, it sounds nice, but a break would serve well even just one in the middle, just imo ;)

The Terminus track is has some nice sounds but to me they don't do enough, they get introduced and then leave and nothing very interesting happens. Maybe this is the idea with minimal music so I could be wrong, otherwise I think it is good to have a sense of story in your music. This video I link teaches it very well but maybe it is not for you and that's OK. Mixing sounded pretty good to me ;)

hi jagwah, thanks a lot for listening and your feedback!

i understand your criticism about the structure of the tracks, they have no linear musical progression. but they also arent supposed to have, as the idea behind it is very mathematical: the main variation is supposed to come from the interaction af 3 polymetric patterns which run in parallel until they arrive at the same starting point again. variation of the arrangement is not progression but an emphasis on the interaction. i think this music requires some patience, but the musical meaning will become accessible in the end. i like to think of it like looking at a fire or the ocean, where theres a constant picture, but slight, ever-changing variations of waves or flames.

well but i agree the whirring waves pad can be fatiguing, but it was just above the line for me personally. :D. Thanks again!

Jagwah

19 Jul 2023

Chizmata wrote:
17 Jul 2023
...i think this music requires some patience, but the musical meaning will become accessible in the end.
Yes I get the idea better now, maybe if it was at a party and people were dancing chilled out and relaxed they would hear it the way you intend, or just people expecting minimal music, cool tune :thumbup:

Chizmata

20 Jul 2023

Jagwah wrote:
19 Jul 2023
Chizmata wrote:
17 Jul 2023
...i think this music requires some patience, but the musical meaning will become accessible in the end.
Yes I get the idea better now, maybe if it was at a party and people were dancing chilled out and relaxed they would hear it the way you intend, or just people expecting minimal music, cool tune :thumbup:
thanks for your open mind :thumbup:

moalla

22 Jul 2023

Whirring Falls are really inspired by Angel Falls by Dillinja, I am correct in assuming that?
Really awesome, I celebrate this sound, that's what it needs as a basis, when you really want it to go off
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Chizmata

22 Jul 2023

moalla wrote:
22 Jul 2023
Whirring Falls are really inspired by Angel Falls by Dillinja, I am correct in assuming that?
Really awesome, I celebrate this sound, that's what it needs as a basis, when you really want it to go off
thx for listening and your props!

i didn't know the track by dillinja though.

moalla

24 Jul 2023

Chizmata wrote:
22 Jul 2023
moalla wrote:
22 Jul 2023

I don´t know your age, Dillinja was a big thing over 20years before in the past, at all the whole clicks and cuts music style gets lost in the last fifteen years and was substituted by minimal (what was the death of techno my opnion)...
Your composition and vibe sounds equal in some terms, but hey if it´s only inspired by your feelings than that´s great :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: Really like your clicks and cut´s style :thumbs_up:

If you like this kind of music, than you have too look for the RuFFM radio show on saturdays from 7-8pm german time at RadoX, they play sometimes amazing music far from ordinary electric music.
https://ruffm.com/
http://www.radiox.de/
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Chizmata

24 Jul 2023

moalla wrote:
24 Jul 2023
Chizmata wrote:
22 Jul 2023

I don´t know your age, Dillinja was a big thing over 20years before in the past, at all the whole clicks and cuts music style gets lost in the last fifteen years and was substituted by minimal (what was the death of techno my opnion)...
Your composition and vibe sounds equal in some terms, but hey if it´s only inspired by your feelings than that´s great :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: Really like your clicks and cut´s style :thumbs_up:

If you like this kind of music, than you have too look for the RuFFM radio show on saturdays from 7-8pm german time at RadoX, they play sometimes amazing music far from ordinary electric music.
https://ruffm.com/
http://www.radiox.de/
i know dillinja as huge d&b thing back in the late 90s/early 00s, but somehow never listened to him that much except maybe unknowingly on radio or sth. but thx a lot for the huge proops obviously :puf_smile: .

Tomtom

07 Aug 2023

Chizmata wrote:
15 Jul 2023
Hey RT,

thought i'd share my newest track with you. it's rather minimalistic, yet electro-y and made with parsec, layers and rytmik. listening and thoughts are appreciated, especially if the bass volume is too low!

i really like the whirring waves track. it feels light and earie. then i listened to the bass - i hardly recognized it (but also i wasn't missing it :) ). so overall i think it could be tiny bit louder - not mucht - just subtle.

but for me the tracks works as it is right now.

:thumbup:

Chizmata

08 Aug 2023

Tomtom wrote:
07 Aug 2023
Chizmata wrote:
15 Jul 2023
Hey RT,

i really like the whirring waves track. it feels light and earie. then i listened to the bass - i hardly recognized it (but also i wasn't missing it :) ). so overall i think it could be tiny bit louder - not mucht - just subtle.

but for me the tracks works as it is right now.

:thumbup:
thanks a lot for listening :puf_smile: . yes i have some problems mixing bass with my setup, it is rather bassy-heavy itself so i tend to do too less for other systems.

• Information