[electronic meets rock] Rising Night Wave - Alignment Strings (Frozen Swings) [finished]

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Rising Night Wave

16 Jul 2023

meh, again problems and struggling with mastering. whole night.
i hope it sounds good enough.
mixing is i think fine.

perhaps i shound do it agian.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Rising Night Wave

17 Jul 2023

i slept over it. eh, this song sound totally shi**y. i shall remix and remaster it completely.
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

Rising Night Wave

17 Jul 2023

hm!

interesting how things ended.

from yesterday till today early in the morning i was doing mixing and mastering of this song.
let's say i was quite struggling with it.

okey. i did what i did. done some mixing and some mastering.
then i uploaded this song on soundcloud and pasted it here on RTF.

then i went to sleep. i slept over it.

now there is the interesting part!:

1st... when i woke, i found it shi**y. mastering. and wrote second post saying it and that i am not satisfied with it.

2nd... then it passed few hours. i finally woke in total / shake off (google translate offered this phrase; i hope it is correct - understandable) ... drank few coffees and again listened to this song. i was surprised... i found it very cool. i actually like this mix and mastering. i know it is bass heavy and filthy in postproduction... but i like it - the way i did it.

3rd... i went to my father's workroom and just now few moments ago i listened to this song again on my boombox via father's computer. it sounds amazing! powerful, filthy... just the way rock and metal should.

so i am more than satisfied with this song.

i am writing this to clear it up. i won't change anything. it rocks! just that. am surprised how well it ended.

ps: again. i know it is not polished and mint and all that fancy things according to postproduction... but i like it and it's filthiness and rawness.

ps: later, if i will start to produce more commercial music in my life, i shall consider your comments about mixing and mastering. about bass heay sounding. about low ends. and so on. but till now i am more or less satisfied with my music.

Rising Night Wave

17 Jul 2023

but there is always room for another... mixing and mastering :D

i will, just for the sake of interest, do another copy of this project file and do remix and remaster.
i will upload it and show here.

damn, sorry for all this muchos biggos textos. :P

[ger] Ich entschuldige mich
[esp] Pido disculpas
[rus] Я прошу прощения
[slo] se opravičujem
[srb] Ја се извињавам
[...]

Jagwah

17 Jul 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote:
17 Jul 2023
ps: again. i know it is not polished and mint and all that fancy things according to postproduction... but i like it and it's filthiness and rawness.

ps: later, if i will start to produce more commercial music in my life, i shall consider your comments about mixing and mastering. about bass heay sounding. about low ends. and so on. but till now i am more or less satisfied with my music.
Interesting attitude.

I am wondering is this a remix or is this your original music??? Are you using a sample pack or something like that?

Rising Night Wave

17 Jul 2023

Jagwah wrote:
17 Jul 2023
Rising Night Wave wrote:
17 Jul 2023

Interesting attitude.

I am wondering is this a remix or is this your original music??? Are you using a sample pack or something like that?
No. This is not a remix. It is my original music.

Yes. I did use some .WAV samples in this song. It is half- half.

Rising Night Wave

17 Jul 2023

okey. so i did a remix and remaster of this song. here is this new version:

here is the original version:

please leave some comments.

Jagwah

19 Jul 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote:
17 Jul 2023
No. This is not a remix. It is my original music.

Yes. I did use some .WAV samples in this song. It is half- half.
Thanks. It sounds pretty amazing, this is why I was asking about it.

When you say it is half .wav samples I really don't know how to interpret the music with the idea that it is your original music. I know there are these new 'music sample packs' which are completed songs by professionals and they are sold to people who can very easily re-arrange them without much skill, knowledge or experience. They are also mixed and mastered and all parts are in key so they will sound good regardless of how it is re-arranged. If you did make some parts of this song like the bassline I'd really like to know about it and might have questions and encouragement about it, but maybe it would lead to a difficult discussion and maybe it's none of my business anyway. Nice track for sure :thumbs_up:

Rising Night Wave

19 Jul 2023

Thak you Jagwah. I appreciate it a lot. Thank you.

Well, about the originality: my originality is what considers the composing - the song construction. What concerns those .WAV samples - they are not my work. I bought some .WAV sample packs... and I used few .WAV files in this song. But still, this is my original work. Not a copy or cover version of some other's song.

I will show you how I did this song. The magic is doing Note Echo RE. But song is so simple. Really. It will surprise you. You know: Less is More. They say. And they are right.

In total there are 11 lanes. 4 of them are MIX LANES. This are my work. 7 are AUDIO TRACK LINES. These 7 are not my work.

Every lane has two Red Rock Sound's REs - one is RE 302 Graphic Equaliser and other is RE 60 Real Time Spectrum Analyser. The second version of sing is a remix and remaster - meaning I tweaked every lane with RRS's RE 302 Graphic Equaliser. It sounds more clean than original version. But I still like original version since it is more rough, raw and filthy as rock music and metal music should be. Afterall this si a combination of rock and electronic music.

Also about these RE 302 Graphic Equalisers: I use them for preveting audio clipping. If needed I lover the source loudness. This RE shows when clipping occurs.

Okey. Here are screenshots to show you how is this song done:

In mixer section I used only faders for loudness.

Here you can see there are only 11 lanes. In master section I used only few REs. One of them is VST.

This is for guitar.

These are drums.

Ths is for bass quitar. There are two Note Echo REs making it very interesting.

And this is construction of song.

About .WAV samples. Mostly they are only FXes. For transitions and so. Two are for vocals. One of them is a FX pad. Other is saying "I am frozen". One .WAV is additional bass lane.

Well, that's all. Enjoy listening to this song.

Thumbs up.

Rising Night Wave

19 Jul 2023

PS: If I forgot something to write tell me.

Jagwah

23 Jul 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote:
19 Jul 2023
PS: If I forgot something to write tell me.
No you didn't forget anything and thanks for taking the time to explain, very interesting, cheers :)

Morgalila

17 Oct 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote:
16 Jul 2023
mixing is i think fine.

I carried out what I had to. mixed and mastered a little. The song was then placed here on RTF after being uploaded on Soundcloud. Is this your original music or a remix, please clarify.

Rising Night Wave

17 Oct 2023

Morgalila wrote:
17 Oct 2023
Rising Night Wave wrote:
16 Jul 2023
mixing is i think fine.

I carried out what I had to. mixed and mastered a little. The song was then placed here on RTF after being uploaded on Soundcloud. Is this your original music or a remix, please clarify.

my original music

• Information