(Hip-Hop/Rap Song with Vocals) Parallels... critique requested

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
FrankJaeger

16 May 2024

Hey everyone,

I have this track here that I've been working on, off and on, for a couple weeks and I'd like to get some opinions on it. I mainly make Hip Hop and trap style beats and record over them sometimes for fun. I've made a few singles and one EP in the past, but never really officially "released" anything (I'm overly self conscious and critical about my music). I want to change that going forward and I'm using this song as a jumping off point for another EP or maybe even an album and would like some feedback.

I'm no engineer or anything close, but I mixed this myself completely in the box with Reason 12, and mastered it using the Brainworx Masterdesk Pro plugin.

TL/DR: Please, have a listen and give me your opinions/impressions of the song. The instrumentation, song structure, the mix, just plain old advice... whatever strikes your fancy. Thanks.

Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

• Information