The Cake Is A Lie

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Soft Enerji

15 Apr 2015

zeebot wrote:Apparently there are no plans for a Portal 3 :frown:

How do you play the game? PC version has absolutely 100s of great custom maps on steam. You never get bored because there is always new maps to play.
I play on PS3 but also have the Steam version on PC but haven't had a play with that. I might have to check it out now. Cheers for the heads up.

Soft Enerji

15 Apr 2015

TheFatControlleR wrote:Not a gamer (not that it matters), but this is a solid track, nice balance of light and dark. The production is hot too, love the panning decisions. :) :)
Cheers dude! I wouldn't class myself as a gamer either as I'd be lucky if I get to play with the PS3 for an hour on the weekends. Glad u like the track!

Soft Enerji

15 Apr 2015

xxASMxx wrote:A super track Mark and a nice production to boot!  Always great to hear your work.
Thanks Tony!

Soft Enerji

15 Apr 2015

FATCheese wrote:I can only agree with all the people above. Great blend and panning of sounds.
Even without the vocal I think it would still be great!
Cheers mate!

Soft Enerji

15 Apr 2015

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Luv the game and luv this track, well done on it's production  :t2018:
Cheers :)

Soft Enerji

15 Apr 2015

Tincture wrote:Great track Mark! Very nice :thumbup:
Ta Zac!

Soft Enerji

15 Apr 2015

Jagwah wrote:Very cool, I swear I could listen to that driving bassline all day, well done.
Heheh heh! Cheers dude!

Soft Enerji

15 Apr 2015

mbfrancis wrote:This is really wonderful.  I'm not a gamer, so I'm not clear on the source for these vocals, but they are cut up creatively and engagingly, not easy to do.  The groove is really nice - driving, bass-y but mellow, hard to pull off.  Sweet work.
Cheers man. The vocal samples came from Soundboard, which was a blessing otherwise I would have had to sample direct from the game and that would just have been too time consuming to make the project worthwhile. My little dudes love this game so much that they were the real driving force behind the track. :)

JNeffLind

18 Apr 2015

Holy shit man. I'm grinning like a fool right now. This is top notch. Great work. I can't comment much since the production is over my head in terms of skill (and done VERY well) and the voice over is very well done as well. Great writing (perfect mix of weird and creepy, making it quite funny and memorable).

You will be baked and then there will be cake. Indeed.

raymondh

18 Apr 2015

Hi Mark. This is certainly a great piece of work! Comments on the SoundCloud...

Question; Do you have a view Ozone 6 versus OzoneRE? I see you mastered in Ozone 6 and just wondered what your thoughts were on the topic (I currently use Ozone RE but it's been on my mind). The track is sounding great...

cheers
Raymond

Soft Enerji

20 Apr 2015

JNeffLind wrote:Holy shit man. I'm grinning like a fool right now. This is top notch. Great work. I can't comment much since the production is over my head in terms of skill (and done VERY well) and the voice over is very well done as well. Great writing (perfect mix of weird and creepy, making it quite funny and memorable).

You will be baked and then there will be cake. Indeed.
Glad u enjoyed it  :)

Soft Enerji

20 Apr 2015

raymondh wrote:Hi Mark. This is certainly a great piece of work! Comments on the SoundCloud...

Question; Do you have a view Ozone 6 versus OzoneRE? I see you mastered in Ozone 6 and just wondered what your thoughts were on the topic (I currently use Ozone RE but it's been on my mind). The track is sounding great...

cheers
Raymond
Hey Raymond, thanks man! To answer your question, I recently upgraded to Ozone 6 (the standard version not the advanced) from Ozone 4. I've not tried the RE so can't comment on how it performs compared to the plug. I gotta say though, having use 4 for the past few years, 6 so far seems to be a far more intuitive beast.

Cheers

Mark

zeebot

22 Apr 2015

zeebot wrote:Great track!! Maybe this will inspire me to upload some of the tracks I made to be used in custom user maps for the two games. I never got around to releasing them.
Portal 1 & 2 are pretty much the only games I play. Loved Portal since The Orange Box.
Love to hear some more fan game music  :)
Soft Enerji wrote:
Do it man...........I'd like to hear 'em!
Haha, finally got around to posting one of the tracks!

Have to give a big high five to Bitley for his excellent refill for the basis of this track.

Understand its basically background game music so dont expect your feet to be a tappin.

I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Soft Enerji

23 Apr 2015

zeebot wrote:Haha, finally got around to posting one of the tracks!

Have to give a big high five to Bitley for his excellent refill for the basis of this track.

Understand its basically background game music so dont expect your feet to be a tappin.

Listening now and much impressed. It could be SC's player but I can hear a slight distortion on the quieter parts.

I'm following now so will check out the rest of your work asap.

Concep

23 Apr 2015

Love the Portal tutorial.  I had that song on the top of my playlist for a long time when Portal came out.  Which reminds me that I need to download Portal 2.  I bought it on steam for very cheap a while ago and haven't got around to playing it.

zeebot

24 Apr 2015

zeebot wrote:Haha, finally got around to posting one of the tracks!

Soft Enerji wrote:
Listening now and much impressed. It could be SC's player but I can hear a slight distortion on the quieter parts.

I'm following now so will check out the rest of your work asap.
Yeah, I just had a listen to it, there are slight distortions here and there that are not on the original. Soundcloud encoding really sucks :frown:
Oh well it was uploaded for a bit of fun anyway. I might upload it again.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

NMRosta

27 Apr 2015

Nice

Soft Enerji

06 May 2015

NMRosta wrote:Nice
Ta!

darkmode

26 May 2015

I know bugger all about games but loving this mate. The production is banging!

Soft Enerji

28 May 2015

darkmode wrote:I know bugger all about games but loving this mate. The production is banging!
Cheers very much dude!

Social Exodus

30 Dec 2016

Game over! As a gamer (PS4, Nintendo, PC) I approve of this track wholeheartedly.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

Bloma

31 Dec 2016

I'm gonna check this out when I get home, Portal 2 is amazing!

• Information