The Cake Is A Lie

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Soft Enerji

06 Apr 2015

Inspired by the games Portal and Portal 2. Composed and mixed in Reason 8 then mastered with Ozone 6.

jfrichards

06 Apr 2015

Holy Fuck Mark, that's amazing.

am0eba

06 Apr 2015

Great track! Really nice musical underpinnings to all of the game voice and sfx. Love the ending!

_Dave_

:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

zeebot

06 Apr 2015

Great track!! Maybe this will inspire me to upload some of the tracks I made to be used in custom user maps for the two games. I never got around to releasing them.
Portal 1 & 2 are pretty much the only games I play. Loved Portal since The Orange Box.
Love to hear some more fan game music :)
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Emian

06 Apr 2015

big fan of Portal games myself, tought this tutorial by 'Speo'  may come in handy for more enthousiastz :) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfHikrqHpL4

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Ixus

08 Apr 2015

Cool song man, I haven't played Portal yet but they are on my to do list ;)

Its been a while since I listened to your stuff, sounds good as always!

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

08 Apr 2015

Excellent track!

Not played the original, but Portal 2 is one of the most fantastic games of all time. Not only brilliantly addictive, but an excellent well-thought out learning curve, and brutally, achingly funny, quite possibly the funniest game ever, and not just for the Stephen Merchant stuff. Still waiting for HL3 and Portal 3 ;)

eusti

08 Apr 2015

Wow! Really, really nice! Wasn't drawn to this at first due to the title of the topic as I haven't played any of the games, but I'm glad I checked it out!

D.

zeebot

08 Apr 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:Excellent track!

Not played the original, but Portal 2 is one of the most fantastic games of all time. Not only brilliantly addictive, but an excellent well-thought out learning curve, and brutally, achingly funny, quite possibly the funniest game ever, and not just for the Stephen Merchant stuff. Still waiting for HL3 and Portal 3 ;)
Apparently there are no plans for a Portal 3 :frown:

How do you play the game? PC version has absolutely 100s of great custom maps on steam. You never get bored because there is always new maps to play.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

TheFatControlleR

09 Apr 2015

Not a gamer (not that it matters), but this is a solid track, nice balance of light and dark. The production is hot too, love the panning decisions. :) :)
Total numpty doin' his own thing for the craic and relaxation - it's cheaper than a therapist, and more satisfying.
~|~
'Live fat, die young, and leave a self-basting corpse for the burn up...' - TFC
93s

Soft Enerji

09 Apr 2015

jfrichards wrote:Holy Fuck Mark, that's amazing.
LOL! Cheers John!

Soft Enerji

09 Apr 2015

am0eba wrote:Great track! Really nice musical underpinnings to all of the game voice and sfx. Love the ending!

_Dave_
Thanks Dave. I'm glad you mentioned the ending because I tried quite a few different ones before settling on this one. I had some guidance from my boys on this track as they are actually quite obsessed with the game itself. This ending had their approval :)

Soft Enerji

10 Apr 2015

zeebot wrote:Great track!! Maybe this will inspire me to upload some of the tracks I made to be used in custom user maps for the two games. I never got around to releasing them.
Portal 1 & 2 are pretty much the only games I play. Loved Portal since The Orange Box.
Love to hear some more fan game music :)
Do it man...........I'd like to hear 'em!

Soft Enerji

10 Apr 2015

Emian wrote: big fan of Portal games myself, tought this tutorial by 'Speo'  may come in handy for more enthousiastz :) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfHikrqHpL4

Nice one!

xxASMxx

10 Apr 2015

A super track Mark and a nice production to boot!  Always great to hear your work.

FATCheese

11 Apr 2015

I can only agree with all the people above. Great blend and panning of sounds.
Even without the vocal I think it would still be great!
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

Soft Enerji

12 Apr 2015

Ixus wrote: Cool song man, I haven't played Portal yet but they are on my to do list ;)

Yeah you so gotta play them games.........thanks dude!

Soft Enerji

12 Apr 2015

I played P2 before I played the original. Working my way through that now. My 8yo boys love it and are playing the co-op game on P2. We even got them Atlas and P-Body action figures :) . My boys were the driving force behind this tune.
Cheers

Mark

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2015

Luv the game and luv this track, well done on it's production  :t2018:

Jagwah

14 Apr 2015

Very cool, I swear I could listen to that driving bassline all day, well done.

mbfrancis

14 Apr 2015

This is really wonderful.  I'm not a gamer, so I'm not clear on the source for these vocals, but they are cut up creatively and engagingly, not easy to do.  The groove is really nice - driving, bass-y but mellow, hard to pull off.  Sweet work.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Soft Enerji

15 Apr 2015

Ixus wrote: Cool song man, I haven't played Portal yet but they are on my to do list ;)

Cheers man!

Soft Enerji

15 Apr 2015

Glad you liked it! I reckon they'd be mad not to make Portal 3!

Soft Enerji

15 Apr 2015

eusti wrote:Wow! Really, really nice! Wasn't drawn to this at first due to the title of the topic as I haven't played any of the games, but I'm glad I checked it out!

D.
I'm glad you checked it out too......thanks man!

• Information