(rockish) Welcomed

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Pete B

06 Mar 2017

Hello all,

I redid the vocals and drums a bit, and remixed and mastered it. When I wrote this the horror of Trump winning was still an unlikely outcome. I predicted that if his supporters got what they were wishing for they would regret it. I suppose there's still time for that. But anyway, it's in 6/8 and the tempo changes frequently, so why worry about politics?

MGB

08 Mar 2017

i like it man. Got a bit of the Smiths about it. The structure and progression of the song is really strong and i think the lyrics are great :)

I think the mix works really well in some parts but also there were a few moments during the vocal harmonies that i felt like the vocals were sort of competing with each other? Maybe turning down the harmony part a bit so that the main line can still shine through but get the accent that the harmony provides would be a way to counter this. But I think stereo-wise they have good separation

Pete B

11 Mar 2017

MGB wrote:i like it man. Got a bit of the Smiths about it. The structure and progression of the song is really strong and i think the lyrics are great :)

I think the mix works really well in some parts but also there were a few moments during the vocal harmonies that i felt like the vocals were sort of competing with each other? Maybe turning down the harmony part a bit so that the main line can still shine through but get the accent that the harmony provides would be a way to counter this. But I think stereo-wise they have good separation
Thanks for the positive feedback! Glad you liked it. I'm fine with the Smiths reference too; loved some of their stuff.

I know what you mean about the competing vocals - I think it was in this song that I was hoping the backing would blend with the main vocal to make a single chord, sort of; like the Beatles and Byrds sometimes did (you have to aim high!). The separate vocals on this are too distinct to achieve that though. Thanks for pointing it out.

• Information