(Funky Downbeat) Audiotic - How was I to know

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Audiotic

08 Mar 2017

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the forum and very positively surpirsed by the high quality of music being showcased here! :thumbs_up:

I've been a ReasonHead since 1.0 and I'm planning to invest more of my time in it in the future. I'm running 9.2 now and after venturing in Cubase/VST/ReWire for a while I decided that I can't be bothered with the hastle/instability of anything VST so it's Reason only for now.

This is something that came about when I was kind of overdoing it with my vocal sample library. ;) It has a positive vibe to it, so I thought it would be a good first share...
Any feedback is more than welcome!

Audiotic - How was I to know

ps: I hope linking external webspace is ok here? Havent found any evidence to the contrary, so I went for it...

MGB

08 Mar 2017

Hey dude this is cool. I really like the gated sample/synth and I don't think you overdid it with the vocals at all :)

One thing that i noticed with your drums is that it sounds like there is quite a bit of reverb on the snare and hats but not on the kick. So when I'm listening it sounds like the kick is really upfront but the snare is much further back in the room. So maybe routing all your drums to a bus and putting the desired reverb on there or using the reverb as a send effect so it applies evenly over your drums.

but otherwise i think it's cool. did you play the rhodes sounds yourself or are they sampled?

NekujaK

09 Mar 2017

Cool groove :thumbs_up:
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

Audiotic

10 Mar 2017

Thanks for the feedback guys!
MGB wrote:One thing that i noticed with your drums is that it sounds like there is quite a bit of reverb on the snare and hats but not on the kick
I've tried to adress the drums before.
I've tried adressing that problem before... But it seems like it wasnt enough. Of the 4 snare samples layered only one has a slight reverb on it (kong internally), but I guess the recordings of the "real" snare already has quite a bit of reverb on it. (or the heavy layering itself is the problem) I fear that I would have to redo the drums somewhat heavily to achieve homogeneity. I'll have to see if I'm willing to revisit the whole thing ;)
MGB wrote:...did you play the rhodes sounds yourself or are they sampled?
Played them myself. No loops used in that track... It's a tweaked Radical Keys Patch called Filter Wheel

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2017

With regards to the snare and kick, if anything the kick is slightly light when played via my AMP (the snare is nicely placed), played via headphones the kick and snare are better placed.

Real nice funky track you have going on here, full of energy and movement :thumbs_up:

Pete B

11 Mar 2017

Nice keyboards - sound and playing. I like the way some of the music is jumping back and forward across the stereo spectrum. One negative for me was that it sounds a bit over-compressed - there doesn't seem to be enough light and shade or space in the music. Or maybe it'd just sound better in a club than in my padded cell.

• Information