(hip-hop/chill)Culminate

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Bloma

24 Mar 2017

I've made a bunch of new songs with 808 sounds. I used the peff 808, but since then I've bought a TR-8. I used a korg minilogue for all the synths, but used Subtractor sub bass 2 for bass. 12 string acoustic guitar as per usual in there. Any feedback/constructive criticism welcome.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2017

Hey you ripped off my intro man. :) Just kidding, but it does sound pretty similar. Similar pluck sound, similar tempo, same notes, same key.
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13211710

Nice tune. A bit different from the other stuff from what I've heard from you, but the same high quality for sure. Really nice vocals.

MGB

28 Mar 2017

I really dig this! particularly the vocal harmonies. but also I think you've definitely got a knack for writing hooks and for the actual structural aspects of writing a pop song with a bit of a journey to it. I remember one of your old tunes with lyrics along the lines of 'if i knew when i was younger that it would end up like this i would have let go' that had the same kind of ethereal feel to it - i really liked that one too. keep at it man!

Bloma

28 Mar 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:Hey you ripped off my intro man. :) Just kidding, but it does sound pretty similar. Similar pluck sound, similar tempo, same notes, same key.

Nice tune. A bit different from the other stuff from what I've heard from you, but the same high quality for sure. Really nice vocals.
Thanks tritone. Which song of yours does it sound like? It just linked me to the page with all your tracks on it.

Bloma

28 Mar 2017

MGB wrote:I really dig this! particularly the vocal harmonies. but also I think you've definitely got a knack for writing hooks and for the actual structural aspects of writing a pop song with a bit of a journey to it. I remember one of your old tunes with lyrics along the lines of 'if i knew when i was younger that it would end up like this i would have let go' that had the same kind of ethereal feel to it - i really liked that one too. keep at it man!
Thanks a lot mgb! Wow, you actually remembered that lyric exaxtly right. I re-recorded that one recently and might put it on the same release as this one. I'm definitely focusing lately on making short songs with maximum impact

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2017

Bloma wrote:
TritoneAddiction wrote:Hey you ripped off my intro man. :) Just kidding, but it does sound pretty similar. Similar pluck sound, similar tempo, same notes, same key.

Thanks tritone. Which song of yours does it sound like? It just linked me to the page with all your tracks on it.
Oh sorry. This one :)

Bloma

29 Mar 2017

Hahaha holy shit. That intro sound is exactly the same.

RTFX

29 Mar 2017

Bloma wrote:
MGB wrote:I really dig this! particularly the vocal harmonies. but also I think you've definitely got a knack for writing hooks and for the actual structural aspects of writing a pop song with a bit of a journey to it. I remember one of your old tunes with lyrics along the lines of 'if i knew when i was younger that it would end up like this i would have let go' that had the same kind of ethereal feel to it - i really liked that one too. keep at it man!
Thanks a lot mgb! Wow, you actually remembered that lyric exaxtly right. I re-recorded that one recently and might put it on the same release as this one. I'm definitely focusing lately on making short songs with maximum impact
Sounds like a true fan. Keep it up Bloma!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Audiotic

29 Mar 2017

Really nice vocal recording / singing!
The remaining music is abit flat for my taste. No specific critisism since it all fits together well.... Comes to show how far good vocals can get you!
Great track!

MGB

29 Mar 2017

RTFX wrote:
Bloma wrote:
Sounds like a true fan. Keep it up Bloma!

Haha yeah dude i listened to that track a bunch!

stxlm

30 Mar 2017

Very nice! I come into this subforum to post about a new release, and the first thing I hear is an actual song!

Love the vibe, the singing and the soundscape. Cool choice to do the synths with the Minilogue, did you go back and tweak and rerecord patches/parts as the track came together, or was it a "one take, go!" situation? Being able to commit to a sound/patch is one of the cooler aspects of multitracking a hardware synth, to me.

Arrangement-wise, I think you could go straight from the arp intro to the first chorus. Vocals will always draw people in more effectively. Other than that, the song has a good flow to it. Kudos!

Bloma

30 Mar 2017

Audiotic wrote:Really nice vocal recording / singing!
The remaining music is abit flat for my taste. No specific critisism since it all fits together well.... Comes to show how far good vocals can get you!
Great track!
Thanks for that, and I appreciate the honesty. I think I know what you mean, it's a pretty straight up sound. Since I got the tr8 I've been playing with it heaps and getting more wild sounds, so stay tuned. Hey if your interested in doing a remix, or anyone else, I can upload the vocal stems.

Bloma

30 Mar 2017

stxlm wrote:Very nice! I come into this subforum to post about a new release, and the first thing I hear is an actual song!

Love the vibe, the singing and the soundscape. Cool choice to do the synths with the Minilogue, did you go back and tweak and rerecord patches/parts as the track came together, or was it a "one take, go!" situation? Being able to commit to a sound/patch is one of the cooler aspects of multitracking a hardware synth, to me.

Arrangement-wise, I think you could go straight from the arp intro to the first chorus. Vocals will always draw people in more effectively. Other than that, the song has a good flow to it. Kudos!
Hey thanks for taking the time to write that. Well, the song originally started as something completely different, it was really happy and a bit soppy with just synth and drums. I think the only parts I kept are the high pitched bleeps and boops in the background. Then I put 808 and stuff, and had some heavy yelling vocals in there, but I only liked the chorus, so took out the heavy vox and came up with new ones to match the chorus. Then I added the brass noise and some other details. Basically kept cutting out the bad parts.

In terms of the intro, i'll give it a try, but I thought a lot about the structure and cut out as much as I could, but so it still flowed right.

RTFX

30 Mar 2017

Bloma wrote:
Audiotic wrote:Really nice vocal recording / singing!
Great track!
Thanks for that, and I appreciate the honesty. I think I know what you mean, it's a pretty straight up sound. Since I got the tr8 I've been playing with it heaps and getting more wild sounds, so stay tuned. Hey if your interested in doing a remix, or anyone else, I can upload the vocal stems.
Now that you mention it, I really like the grunt-ish Wooooh-hah from Earthson. You think you can get me those stems?
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Bloma

30 Mar 2017

Hahaha yeah sure, do you want all vocals or just the grunts? I'm in a rural area at the moment but i'll get them up eventually.

RTFX

30 Mar 2017

Just grunts pls. No rush.

• Information