[TRANCE] NAME DOWN

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

30 Jul 2021

Ok... here's NAME DOWN ...quite a different direction for me here. The arrangement is much more standard dancefloor format. Yes you can hear my "style" in this, but I've gone totally to town here ensuring it's laid out like all the commercial stuff (intro/break/drop/break/drop/outro). Like when I get to the drop I go for a really catchy melody.

The lead line is an instrument concoction I created in RRP. Then there are 2 other arps, which were created in ANA2. All of these have loads of automation running through them to morph them in and around each other. Plus have various delays and reverbs (like Timeless 3, Valhalla Room, Replica XT Delay Eternity and Pro-R).
The pad is Phaseplant. Sometimes it's running through Gatekeeper to give it a trancey feel - but then I back that off.
Kick is KICK 2 with a 909'esque kick I created. Ran through various filters - to ensure it hits hard when the bass really kick in.
Bass is Monoment (lo) and Phaseplant (mid) working in unison. I wanted to push the bass line so bl**dy hard here. Pushed the kick and bass through Saturn 2, Black Box HG2, FF Pro-MB, SSL native bus compressor. Kept the bass under control using Trackspacer and Shaperbox 2. Each bass has its own SSL native channel strip with a G compressor.
On the master bus I push everything through an SSL native bus compressor, oxford inflator, teote, masterdesk and pro-L.
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information