A Reason for Charity idea

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Popey
Competition Winner

23 Sep 2020

Hi all apologies if this is the wrong place to post this but I wanted peoples thoughts on an idea. I distribute through distrokid and have a unused artist profile available. I have thought perhaps this profile could be set up as a charity artists page called "A reason for Charity" and am asking if this is something forum users would be interested in giving music to for albums. All profits from streams,/sales would go to a different charity with artists and spotify followers suggesting charities (I can use a raffle app to decide which person charity is chosen for each album). Just think it is a way people could donate without spending money if they use the free spotify version etc and times are hard for a lot of people at the moment.
This is very much at the early stages of an idea so appreciate peoples thoughts on it and if people would be interested in contributing to this?

Zac

23 Sep 2020

Popey wrote:
23 Sep 2020
Hi all apologies if this is the wrong place to post this but I wanted peoples thoughts on an idea. I distribute through distrokid and have a unused artist profile available. I have thought perhaps this profile could be set up as a charity artists page called "A reason for Charity" and am asking if this is something forum users would be interested in giving music to for albums. All profits from streams,/sales would go to a different charity with artists and spotify followers suggesting charities (I can use a raffle app to decide which person charity is chosen for each album). Just think it is a way people could donate without spending money if they use the free spotify version etc and times are hard for a lot of people at the moment.
This is very much at the early stages of an idea so appreciate peoples thoughts on it and if people would be interested in contributing to this?
I would happily give music for this if my music is seen as desirable. My online presence is a bit of a mess at the moment so I might consolidate some to a soundcloud account and then post here for perusal.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Sep 2020

Zac wrote:
23 Sep 2020
Popey wrote:
23 Sep 2020
I would happily give music for this if my music is seen as desirable. My online presence is a bit of a mess at the moment so I might consolidate some to a soundcloud account and then post here for perusal.
You still keeping it together?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Popey
Competition Winner

23 Sep 2020

Hi Zac thank you for your offer duly noted. I will see if others are interested and hopefully this can get off the ground. As for desirability of music I think if we get interest from other forum users it could end up quite an eclectic mix of styles/genres. I think this could be advantageous should some songs get on playlists etc. More streams= more money for charity.

Zac

23 Sep 2020

MrFigg wrote:
23 Sep 2020
Zac wrote:
23 Sep 2020

Yes thanks 👍 15 months...

Zac

23 Sep 2020

Popey wrote:
23 Sep 2020
Hi Zac thank you for your offer duly noted. I will see if others are interested and hopefully this can get off the ground. As for desirability of music I think if we get interest from other forum users it could end up quite an eclectic mix of styles/genres. I think this could be advantageous should some songs get on playlists etc. More streams= more money for charity.
Yes, it could be great. All the best with it.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Sep 2020

Zac wrote:
23 Sep 2020
MrFigg wrote:
23 Sep 2020

Yes thanks 👍 15 months...
Good :).
x
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Popey
Competition Winner

09 Oct 2020

Shamelessly bumping this thread, not something I would normally do but think this is a viable way of giving to charity.

guitfnky

09 Oct 2020

I’d be happy to contribute—how exactly does this work? may not have anything for a couple of months yet, but would we just publish normally and you add it to a playlist, or give you the mixed files directly?
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Popey
Competition Winner

10 Oct 2020

guitfnky wrote:
09 Oct 2020
I’d be happy to contribute—how exactly does this work? may not have anything for a couple of months yet, but would we just publish normally and you add it to a playlist, or give you the mixed files directly?
Hi guitfnky

I was thinking I could set up a dropbox account or similar for the music to be sent which I could then publish under the reason for charity artist name. As an example:

artist name: reason for charity
"song title"by guitfnky

Anyone providing music would be sent screenshots of streaming figures each month and confirmation of donations paid out to charities. Was thinking people could suggest charities to give to and have a fair way to choose these for each month (some sort of raffle app).

That said a playlist may achieve the same thing and hadnt considered that so it is an other option I will look into. As long as I can easily work out how much the streams earn into a seperate distrokid artist account it will be easy to keep track of and payout to charities.

• Information