Reason updates (11.3.7 / 11.3.8) and Reason+

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you try or subscribe to Reason+?

No, I won’t even try it
74%
I will try it, but the subscription is not for me
10%
I will try it and consider subscribing
8%
I will likely subscribe monthly
2%
I will likely subscribe annually
6%

Total votes: 497
MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Jan 2021

Maybe they'll add R+ to the Rewards section. I mean why not combine the two best ideas they've had to date?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EnochLight

27 Jan 2021

earwig83 wrote:
27 Jan 2021
I should put the passion into the tunes is what you would normally tell someone. :)
If people in this thread can take anything away from it, I should hope that it is this alone. ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Auryn

27 Jan 2021

earwig83 wrote:
27 Jan 2021
As someone who works in (and hates) marketing. My boss would have jizzed if I proposed this gross tactic! lol
oh, I'm sorry about the "kill yourself" thing, I hope you find a more wholesome and fulfilling career in the future
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

earwig83

27 Jan 2021

EnochLight wrote:
27 Jan 2021
earwig83 wrote:
27 Jan 2021
I should put the passion into the tunes is what you would normally tell someone. :)
If people in this thread can take anything away from it, I should hope that it is this alone. ;)
This is where everyone on either side of the line can agree at least! :)

earwig83

27 Jan 2021

Auryn wrote:
27 Jan 2021
earwig83 wrote:
27 Jan 2021
As someone who works in (and hates) marketing. My boss would have jizzed if I proposed this gross tactic! lol
oh, I'm sorry about the "kill yourself" thing, I hope you find a more wholesome and fulfilling career in the future
Haha man's got to eat and my music and art are commercially unviable. I assume we are referring to the Bill Hicks bit? I used that sample in a random track many moons ago. Maybe reason is going for that indignant reason user dollar. hahahah

Aosta

27 Jan 2021

C//AZM wrote:
27 Jan 2021
What happens if I do the sub, then after a year, decide it’s not for me.
What am I left with?
Now I’m in Reason 10, would everything disappear?
Am I left with what I had in Jan 21?
Would I be frozen at what I have on Jan 2022?
I'd assume that everything would be null and void.
All RE's you used with R+ would vanish and any tracks you made would be unopenable because they were made with a later version of Reason.
Tend the flame

Billy+

27 Jan 2021

I think there is a couple of options missing from the pole.

Would you prefer
A punch in the face (but you can see it coming)
B kick in the balls (from behind)

Also maybe

Will you buy your V12 license when available.

earwig83

27 Jan 2021

Last Alternative wrote:
27 Jan 2021
How come I still have to use Reason 11 in low res on my iMac to prevent jumpy video issues? Low res hurts my eyes, thusly killing my workflow and interest in their product. And it’s been years with no fix..
Because they have no respect for anyone, including themselves.

earwig83

27 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
27 Jan 2021
Reason+ is worth a try just for Companion!

It's such a breath of fresh air compared to Authorizer. You can choose to install and uninstall individual REs directly from Companion. There are currently 2 sync all options; one for all of the Reason+/Reason Studios REs and a separate one for all of your other REs. It's still not a completely customizable sync all, but it is already so much better, and I think one day we may see more options for that.

It also sorts uninstalled REs to the top of the list :thumbup:
The realtime search is super snappy (when browsing packs or your REs).

The sound packs are really great too. I think this is worth checking out, even if you are a user who owns everything already, just to checkout Companion and the packs.

20 a month so I can install my REs with a nicer GUI? Authorizer implementation was always an insult to anyone with a UX/UI brian.

Auryn

27 Jan 2021

earwig83 wrote:
27 Jan 2021
Auryn wrote:
27 Jan 2021
Haha man's got to eat and my music and art are commercially unviable. I assume we are referring to the Bill Hicks bit? I used that sample in a random track many moons ago. Maybe reason is going for that indignant reason user dollar. hahahah

that's the one yeah, LOL

you know they say Bill died of cancer but actually he was murdered by Mc Hammer and Vanilla Ice
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-

softska

27 Jan 2021

miscend wrote:
27 Jan 2021
softska wrote:
27 Jan 2021

Actually just found out pretty much most of my propellerhead made no longer can be added to ignition key (must be online). Those used to be able to live on ignition key just fine including A-List ones that were discontinued.

Am pretty mad actually, wish I never gave them money to Suite (especially since I was using it as upgrade path when I already own half of their stuff before I bought the suite that worked perfectly fine offline). I am mostly on computer auth, but losing function I used from time to time since 6.5 still hurts
I use the ignition key with Reason Suite. Not a fan of machine activation personally. I don't know why its not letting you add REs to your dongle.
All my 3rd party RE works off the ignition key, but if I'm offline the Reason RE wont' show.

If it works for you I hope it's just a few emails with support, hope you're right.

sprinkles__

27 Jan 2021

hfw wrote:
27 Jan 2021
i guess hes not only a mobile phone ceo guy and he makes art too... cool guy

VC CEO will crash this company then tiptoe off into another CEO role like nothing happened. It's what they do. They never pay for their mistakes but operate in a totally different world in which getting it totally wrong has zero consequences for them personally.

hfw

27 Jan 2021

They literally planned a car crash marketing campaign into your point updates... that should be enough to end them. such a crass and shady scheme.

They took you all for kids. what a slap in the face. Oh, and they arent just samples..... they are presets as well..... LOL. god they looked so beaten by then, just trying to get the stream over, making weird 16 bar loops and telling us how to use sample packs... wtf. thats what upwards of thousands of pounds gets me after all this time. no probs! haha

TrueStory

27 Jan 2021

The livestream chat shows what people really want no matter how they tried to ignore it. VST 3 support and internal midi. A new piano roll with scale support would be nice too. Reason has got to be the only DAW where you can't even load up a basic scale on the piano roll. Reason Studios needs to focus more on core upgrades instead of new synths and thousands of sounds not everyone will use.

I take it Reason + users will now have first dibs on all new players and effect modules while Suite owners will have to pay. What happens when you cancel your subscription? You revert back to whatever you had before the subscription and lose all the new sounds and upgrades you've installed?

Aosta

27 Jan 2021

sprinkles__ wrote:
27 Jan 2021
hfw wrote:
27 Jan 2021

VC CEO will crash this company then tiptoe off into another CEO role like nothing happened. It's what they do. They never pay for their mistakes but operate in a totally different world in which getting it totally wrong has zero consequences for them personally.

This is the whole reason that CEO was brought in by investors, he had the subscription model planned 18 months ago and now it's done he will fade into the background.
Tend the flame

hfw

27 Jan 2021

sprinkles__ wrote:
27 Jan 2021
hfw wrote:
27 Jan 2021

Haha, that pic sums it up nicely... that other dude too, the "musician" who was brought in to oversee the sub roll out, guy on here earlier. all cool artist types for sure.

I really enjoyed being treated like a mug for the hour odd length of that stream haha!

EdwardKiy

27 Jan 2021

EnochLight wrote:
27 Jan 2021
earwig83 wrote:
27 Jan 2021
That or the fact RS have pissed on their core users once again by saying they had a team of people working on this for the past year instead of focusing on the actual product. They didn't even plan on handling their core product despite what was going on at the forum. In fact, it seems they are going out of their way to display exactly how few f#$%s they give about user feedback. Even if they add two "+ +" in front of Reason, it still won't be able to go full screen, like my free web browser has been able to for what? 10 years? 15?

R12, last chance.
Last edited by EdwardKiy on 27 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 Jan 2021

I can see it now.

April 7th, 2050: Beloved grandfather regrets quitting reason on his deathbed after the feared discontinuation of full Reason licenses never happened.

His son, Gary says "[his father] was never the same after his best mate came round to show off all the new features he was using on his copy of Reason.

"You could see he was torn between his want to join in on the fun with all the other Reason heads, but also wanting to stand by his baseless speculation of full license discontinuation that, after 10 years of Reason+ having had no impact on it, was starting to look really sad and hopeless."

Expert psychologists say cases of Premature Speculation are on the rise, and suggest refraining from too much speculative mental masturbation as that greatly increases your chances of catching the disease.

Billy+

27 Jan 2021

TrueStory wrote:
27 Jan 2021
The livestream chat shows what people really want no matter how they tried to ignore it. VST 3 support and internal midi. A new piano roll with scale support would be nice too. Reason has got to be the only DAW where you can't even load up a basic scale on the piano roll. Reason Studios needs to focus more on core upgrades instead of new synths and thousands of sounds not everyone will use.

I take it Reason + users will now have first dibs on all new players and effect modules while Suite owners will have to pay. What happens when you cancel your subscription? You revert back to whatever you had before the subscription and lose all the new sounds and upgrades you've installed?
The live stream showed nothing that we didn't already know. 3 men with a title starting with C asked two people to deal with it and the rest of us to suck it! We know what this business needs New cash.

miscend

27 Jan 2021

diminished wrote:
27 Jan 2021

That's all fine but I take offense in how they worded it - as if the "acceptance of RRP is huge, 40% of the user base, wowzers!" - because all it potentially means is that they inflated that number through the free giveaway. I hope that makes sense.
Traditionally before Reason had audio tracks alot of people used it as a rewire slave in other daws. There was even a lite version of Reason that came with Pro Tools. RRP brings that back in a more convenient way because you don't have to run two DAWs concurrently now. If business revenue was up last year as hinted in a tweet by the CEO, presumably this was because of more people upgrading or buying Reason, then you can make a solid case for the overall acceptance of RRP.

Personally I would count people that used the Novation/Plugin Boutique freebie as Reason users. Spotify do the same thing - they count all users including free tiers when talking numbers. But there is definitely potential for inflating numbers in the absence of any usage data being given.

Gothi

27 Jan 2021

Pheew! What an evening. This summer, I upgraded my abandoned Reason 6.5 to 11 Suite because I had such a modular fever. Spent about 1300 Euro in all and loved it more than ever. Being unaware of the latest development, I went to the Reason Studios page this noon and completely panicked, when it seemed like I could not get to the normal shopping pages without subscribing (I did not look to the bottom of the page then). Having immediate nightmares of losing all my licences because I just upgraded from within Reason, I got my mac off the net asap, checked that my R11 worked as is, and the panick ceased enough for me to figure out what is was all about. I read and few KVR posts and then a good part of this thread and was enraged at first: RS seemed to have plans to take my Dawling and all its REs off-spring as hostages and extort me for the rest of my life. RAGNAROK!!!
Well...after checking some links from the more calm posters, I found my shop again, and the explanations given by RS as to what this is about; just an additional option. I can still buy an R12 upgrade without monthly fees. What a relief, especially because I cannot really see why I would want to upgrade, anyway. And the point: I am both relieved and exhausted now. I need a spliff, some chilly ambient and sleep. But thanks for the ride, guys and gals. If I go up in red flames, you get me even higher, and when I fall to the ground again, you see that I land as softly as a feather. At the end of this day, it seems like the world will be here tomorrow again.
Hail Reason, the only music software that ever got me. ;-)
Last edited by Gothi on 27 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

miscend

27 Jan 2021

softska wrote:
27 Jan 2021
miscend wrote:
27 Jan 2021

I use the ignition key with Reason Suite. Not a fan of machine activation personally. I don't know why its not letting you add REs to your dongle.
All my 3rd party RE works off the ignition key, but if I'm offline the Reason RE wont' show.

If it works for you I hope it's just a few emails with support, hope you're right.
Yes I would hit support with an email. Did you try to do a sync all and update all licences? And make sure you don't have any RE demos installed.
Last edited by miscend on 27 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Auryn

27 Jan 2021

sprinkles__ wrote:
27 Jan 2021
hfw wrote:
27 Jan 2021

it's a pic of Tony Blair with a guitar...? :?

miscend

27 Jan 2021

avasopht wrote:
27 Jan 2021
I can see it now.

April 7th, 2050: Beloved grandfather regrets quitting reason on his deathbed after the feared discontinuation of full Reason licenses never happened.

His son, Gary says "[his father] was never the same after his best mate came round to show off all the new features he was using on his copy of Reason.

"You could see he was torn between his want to join in on the fun with all the other Reason heads, but also wanting to stand by his baseless speculation of full license discontinuation that, after 10 years of Reason+ having had no impact on it, was starting to look really sad and hopeless."

Expert psychologists say cases of Premature Speculation are on the rise, and suggest refraining from too much speculative mental masturbation as that greatly increases your chances of catching the disease.
Lol

DecafDreams

27 Jan 2021

Auryn wrote:
27 Jan 2021
sprinkles__ wrote:
27 Jan 2021

it's a pic of Tony Blair with a guitar...? :?
Making the point that these people don't operate in the same world as we do.

• Information